This one is dedicated to Iamsutil and Devi
I am a clean freak, and I am a proud owner of make up brushes (lots of them). So cleaning my brushes is really one of the most important step for me in make-up, especially I love applying make up to other people. Sanitation is super important.
Here's what I've been using for months now and so far, my brushes are in good shape. This is best used for each application but do not forget to deep clean your brushes with baby shampoo and warm water at least once a week :D
Hope this is as helpful as it was to me.
What you need ---
Alcohol (70% or 91%)
Detergent (Dishwashing liquid)
Regular hair shampoo (for normal to oily hair) or baby shampoo
Leave-in conditioner (the spray-on ones)
Empty bottle (to put in the mixture later on)
Here are the steps ---
1. Pour in 1 cup of water to your mixing jar
2. Pour in a quarter of a cup of alcohol, this will be your disinfectant/anti-bacterial
3. Use a 1/2 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid
4. Then 1/2 tablespoon of shampoo
5. Finally, add a tablespoon of leave-in conditioner (spray on liquid) to condition the brushes
6. Gently stir everything, do not stir fast as the detergent may start to suds/foam
7. Pour all of the mixture into the empty bottle and you can store this for future use
Voila!!! Your home-made brush cleanser Koren style. Thanks Koren of Enkoremakeup!!!