** Available at Rustan's Makati for Php2,125.00 (approx $47)
Hate me for talking about Paul & Joe once again? I am SORRY :( But I have to do this review! LOL I was browsing through the photos shot by my hubby and I came to realize I kept on raving about P&J products but I didn't talk further about the product! I think this is the right time I talk about this product because I am almost done with this one! I have 1/4 product left! :( (I hate to repurchase, goodbye moolah again)
Paul & Joe Says ---
A high SPF powder foundation for cool, sensuous skin. A moisturizing and flexible makeup base with a meltingly soft texture which adheres gently to the skin, whilst protecting against summer dryness.
Askmewhats says ---
- very natural looking
- has SPF
- good coverage
- non-drying, non cakey
- has refills (saves the environment)
- stays put for the whole day, I've done 2 retouch in a day by just patting on my nose area (but again, I have dry skin)
- Pricey (one refill almost cost the same as MAC SF)
- compact is quite big compared to other brands
- since it is really soft and smooth, powder tends to crack when you're half way
- Limited shades available
P&J Dual Powder foundation as compared to MAC (as I'm using both) has sheerer coverage. It is more natural looking and you have this "Bridal" look when you use this powder (Meaning, very neat looking).
I find that even though "limited shades available" are put under CONS. I think it is fine as P&J shades available in Manila adheres to the Asian skin tones. I find that even if I use Shades 20, 30 or 40...it all looks fine to me as the colors aren't too far from each other.
I am using the older version which has higher SPF of 25, while the newer version (Which I also bought) has SPF 20 only but, I was told it has better coverage. (I will test on the newer version soon and let you guys know how I feel about it)
- if you are going for a really clean/neat/party look, use your favorite liquid foundation, then use a brush, top it with the P&J Dual Powder Foundation (FLAWLESS LOOKING!)
- using a triangle sponge instead of the sponge that comes with this compact (for me) is better! <-- maybe it's just me!
- pat gently, do not rub
- test this product on counters first, because it doesn't come cheap! P&J counters in Manila have new triangle sponges, and they willingly let you test it on your whole face before you purchase anything! Go around shopping, and see how it works for you. DO NOT BE PRESSURED TO BUY!
Will I repurchase?
Yes! I have 2 back ups!
Products, no matter how expensive or cheap they are,
as long as they work on you... are worth buying!
Never be pressured by anyone to buy anything!
Trust your judgment and instinct! You'll be ok :D