I've written the review for the Mineral Foundation last as I've used this mineral for more than a week. Had a query sent to the Body Shop and I got an answer
Read on :)
Come follow me
Here's how the packaging looks like
All made from recycled material! (I like)
Swatched Shade 02 on my hand
(I'm MAC NC30, I would say this is great for most Asian Skin)
Best if you want to: Achieve a healthy, radiant complexion with ultra-fine minerals that blend evenly to protect skin and reduce redness and imperfections.
Best for: suitable for sensitive skin, provides light to medium coverageHow it works:
- Kaolin clay and Mediterranean clay are absorbent minerals that provide long-lasting coverage.
- Mica adds luster and has light-diffusing properties to help disguise fine lines and pores.
- Titanium dioxide and iron oxide protect skin from the sun without clogging pores.
- Dermatologist-tested with no added fillers, preservatives or fragrances.
Askmewhats Says ---
- very natural, doesn't create a white cast on your skin
- easy to blend
- no allergies
- mesh sifter: the product will come out really fine and easy to blend (love part, read on to the Cons for the hate part)
- has SPF!!!
- as the product specs goes, it is for light to medium coverage and I agree with it, I have a couple of red spots on my skin and it isn't completely covered, for people who needed heavy coverage, need to use a concealer first
- Mesh Sifter: no matter how careful I am in tapping the product, since the mesh made the powder super fine, it's too messy! Every time I open the jar, foundation flew from all direction! I suggest the company make the foundation mesh sifter "smaller" <--- just for the foundation line as I don't have problems with the blush and eye color packaging.
- Compared to regular MMU, this has expiration. BUT!!!! It's not as CON as it has SPF! (as confirmed by Lisa, in the US, anything that has an SPF has to have an expiration date due to FDA) <-- everyone should take note on this :)
- need to reapply after 2-3 hours
The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Foundation works best for anyone who doesn't need a lot of coverage and who doesn't like the heavy feeling of foundation. I find that their product are very natural and caring for the skin and would suit anyone from all ages! I can imagine my mom using this!
True, as compared to other MMU companies, this is pricier compared to others but I won't say they are overpriced. I guess because most MMU companies do not have a lot of operational expenses as compared to The Body Shop because they sell it online.
- I use a spoon and transfer the "sifted" foundation to another jar with a regular sifter. Works better this way
- If you want coverage on spots, use a concealer brush, foil the foundation and apply it on areas that needed more coverage OR, use your favorite concealer before you use TBS foundation.
- always tap the cap before you open the jar, so that not a lot of product flies out if you twist open the cap.
Will I repurchase?
I would say, yes, because there are days I am longing for a light coverage (on good skin days)
At the local Body Shop, costs Php1,499.00 on US Body Shop website $25.00
I hope you guys find my 3-parts Nature's Minerals Review helpful :)
Feel free to ask me if you have any questions!
Want to look back on the other TBS Nature's Minerals Reviews?
Smile and Click
Part 1 Cheek Color
Part 2 Eye Color