I've learned about CHI, the brand, because of their hair styling tools. The famous CHI Flat Iron. Ohhhh have you seen the pink one for the Breast Cancer Awareness?? Super cute!!!
I got sidetracked! LOL
Anyways, one product from CHI that interest me the most is the CHI Silk Infusion. If it's really good for your hair... count me in!
I've had my fair share of serums from the past and so far, I never have very bad experience with them but nothing super exceptional. I am not a serum gal, with our kind of weather here? We shouldn't be putting any greasy/oily product on any part of our body! Especially the hair!
I don't know why CHI Silk Infusion caught my attention big time. I would never in the right mind thought that I would go all the way to purchase this product. I guess that's the power of beauty blogging, the power of product reviews from beauty gurus you trust.
Everyone's raving about it and I've done my Nikki's research and finally saw a seller who sells trial sizes (as I don't want to end up with products that do not work for me)
I am glad to have the chance to try it, because this product is really intriguing! Up until now...it intrigues me....
CHI Silk Infusion says ---
Infuse some silky strength into your hair with CHI Silk Infusion Silk Reconstructing Complex. Enriched with pure natural silk, wheat and soy proteins, this alcohol free treatment promises silky softness, super manageability and unbeatable shine. A small amount on wet hair is all you need to style your hair into silky serenity.
- Leave-in restructuring treatment
- Enriched with pure natural silk, wheat and soy proteins
- Increases softness and manageability
- Cationic Hydration Interlink™ softens and balances hair, locking in moisture
- Adds incredible shine
- Protects against thermal styling
- Alcohol free
- No build up
- Can be used every day
- non-greasy AT ALL
- doesn't weigh down my hair
- I don't see major "shine" but my hair color pops out eventhough it was dyed 5-6 months ago
- no more tangles
- easier to iron my hair, and I find it easier to curl my hair with a Flat Iron!
- the "dry end look" minimized
- smells weird, like a man's aftershave, but this doesn't last though
- not available locally
- you really have to know the "right amount" of CHI Silk Infusion that works for your hair, you have to be consistent as there are days the product works so well and there are days it's performance is just so-so.
I'm not sure if readers know this, but I am a self-confessed hair product junkie, I've spent most of my allowance to hair products when I was younger. That's where all my hair product knowledge come from. MY OWN EXPERIENCE.
I do style and blowdry my hair most of the time, weekly deep conditioning isn't enough, I wanted to add a regimen to "protect" my hair while styling.
Does this product work when it comes to protection? It's too early to tell, but let me tell you what my overall reaction to this product is.
The product itself is OIL but more on a watery side. I would say, it has the same texture as Olive Oil. (photo below)
Greasiness wise, I've used this product as less as possible and as much as possible.
The less side - it makes my hair soft but nothing WOW
The more side - I felt my hair weighs a bit BUT not OILY (and trust me, I put a lot of the product on my hair just for reviews' sake)
What everyone is saying is right, just put a small dime size of product on your hand (photo with red circle above) and it's enough!
- try to use variable amount of product on your hair to see how much your hair really needs. You need a week of trial and error, put more or less, then check your hair at the end of the day.
- rub the product between your palm to spread the product all over your hand and apply the product on your hair with feather-y motion
Will I repurchase?
I may, I may not, some hair products work so good on me but given a longer period of time, it may not work anymore. So check back on Askmewhats Revisits soon!
Where did I purchase and how much?
Ebay seller called Discount Beauty Supplies
4 x 0.50 oz of small sized CHI Silk Infusion for $6.95 + $4.99 shipping to the Philippines.
For US residents, Free shipping
This is how small the product is on my small hand
a MONTH of EVERYDAY USAGE
I really hope my review on this would help others who plan to purchase!
But of course, we all have different types of hair, it may work for me but not for you!
So if you have used CHI Silk Infusion, tell us your 2 cents!
It'll be helpful!
Happy Friday to the readers who share the same time zone with me!!!!!!!!!!