Here's a blurb according to Mentruation.com.au
Disposable pads contain a myriad of chemicals and additives which serve to increase their absorbancy and keep them looking white and bright but these chemicals don't do you any good at all.
Your genital tissue is highly sensitive, and these chemicals are easily absorbed into your body, causing irritation and discomfort in the process. We already live in increasingly polluted environments, so it makes sense to reduce your exposure to chemicals in any way you can.
**Note: Tiny Tapir offers different Cloth Pads, from Pantyliners, Light Day Pad, Day Pad, Night Pads... etc... This review refers to the Sugar Monkey Liners ONLY
**image from Tiny Tapir website
Sugar Monkey Liner Says ---
Flannel / Flannel Liners with 2 layers of inner flannel.
Very trim design (turned and topstitched, hourglass shaped) pantyliners which are perfect for daily use, during spotting days or for double protection when wearing a menstrual cup.
Super easy to care for - just throw in the washing machine and dry in the sun. All liners have been pre-washed to ensure no strange shrinkage or warping of the liner's shape after washing / use.
Snapped with industrial poly-resin snaps - 2 snap sizes to ensure best fit, these will be snug against your underwear to prevent slipping and sliding around. The larger size is good when you're folding up the pad for storage after use.
Top Layer : Flannel
Soaker : 2 layers flannel
Bottom Layer : Flannel
Length : 2 sizes available : - Regular & Petite
Regular Length - 8 Inches Long
Petite Length - 7 inches Long
Width (when snapped) : approx 2.5 inchesAskmewhats says ---
- cheaper in the long run, as one can be used for a long time if you take care of it
- no sweat and discomfort down there
- no irritation, felt like part of my undies
- no harmful effects if used everyday compared to the regular commercial pantyliners
- environmental friendly
- cute designs to choose from! makes me happy looking at it
- I love the snaps, 2 choices, adjustable
- pantyliner can be used both sides
- I honestly have lesser discharge after using this!
- not that I SMELL lol I have to clarify that, but I obviously don't have the weird smell in the late afternoon from the chemical of the disposable pads!
- It's actually cheaper, because I use 2-3 disposable pads a day, do the math :D
- Ms. Li from the Tiny Tapir is so helpful with all my queries.
- not available locally, but shipping is affordable, I just ordered another 5 pads (as my colleagues would love to try it too) and the total shipping is only MYR20 (approx USD5.70)
- an extra step for lazy people (but who cares? If it's good for me and the environment)
- I can't seem to find any cons!!!
I honestly felt that the simple things in life are still the best for us. I have to admit that I'm a bit uneasy to use as I've grown to a culture of disposables. I honestly felt weird using cloth pantyliners as the usual notion of "Eeeww, Gross!" But you know what? It doesn't feel anything and it's just like you wearing your own undies. I honestly do not feel a thing or any signs of uneasiness.
No joke, since I first wore this, I told myself I am not wearing any disposable pantyliners again! And with the extra step of washing this? I don't care!!! If it's great for my health and the environment! I am in!!!
Tips (from Tiny Tapir)
- Please wash before first time use
- After use, if you're out, simply fold up pad and store in a ziplock bag until you return home
- You can soak pads in cold water (change water daily) or simply throw straight into the washing machine with your other laundry, wash in cold the first cycle.
- (optional) add 1/4 cup white wine vinegar to the washing machine
- do not use fabric softener, it will coat your pad and reduce absorbency
- line dry in the sun or dry in the dryer
- Share shipping with friends, it'll be cheaper
Will I repurchase?
Yes, I just did!!! I just ordered these .... (images from Tiny Tapir website)
No.2 Honeybeehill Liner in RED
And Hag Rag Diamond no. 8 Doggies!!!
Where can you purchase and how much?
Buy 3 or more, get 10% off
Specs on what I got and tested
Here's my Apples Cloth Pantyliner in Regular
Here's to show Tiny Tapir changed the snaps
from Metal to KAM Resin Snaps
Does not rust as compared to metal
or secure 2 to make sure it stays!
Length is 8 inches
Width is 2.5 inches
Whew, this is a long post!
I hope I was able to help you gals learn something!
I honestly did! :)
So feel free to message if you have further queries,
I'm in no way expert on down under but we can all share! :)
Please check out ---
Askmewhats Seminar for a Cause