How much have we spent on makeup brushes alone?
A lot! Right?
We call our brushes our investments,
are we doing anything to protect our investment?
I know I am!!!
The Brush Guard says ---
(photos and description from TBG website)
Dry Bristle Down:
Before The Brush Guard, brushes were laid down to dry, allowing moisture to wick into the ferrule. This spoils the glue and makes the handle swell.
For the first time, brushes can dry bristles down so gravity pulls moisture away from the ferrule. The Brush Guard lets air circulate so bristles dry quickly and stay in perfect shape.
Keeps Handles Clean:
By keeping The Brush Guard over your brushes’ handles while you’re using them, handles stay clean and new while letting you keep a good grip.
Storage and Travel:
Even in a roll, bristles are vulnerable to being rubbed and crushed. With The Brush Guard, slip your brushes into a roll or kit and know your important tools are protected.
Brushes Feel Like New!
After using The Brush Guard, you will see that your brushes keep feeling new and last longer. Protect your investment with The Brush Guard!
- 1 Shadow/Liner (ex. small)
- 2 Blush (small)
- 2 Foundation (medium)
- 1 Powder/Kabuki (large)
Askmewhats says ---
- protects the shape of my brush, my brushes dried up looking like brand new brushes
- doesn't change drying time and efficiency
- easy to take along my brushes for travel
- brush hairs doesn't get smashed reshaped
- I can dry my brushes downwards (which is the best way for the water not to get into the glue inside the ferrule), do not need to hang it
- available in assortment of sizes
- the ends of the brush guard are rough due to some cuts and it may ruin your brush handle if not slide carefully (this is very minor though)
- not readily available locally, though there's a lot of online sellers, the wait for shipping is still a bit of a hassle
I have seen The Brush Guard fad from different Youtubers and bloggers! In my mind? It's just a fad and it's useless! Gosh, for the first time in blogging history, I am admitting I made a huge mistake! This is one of the best purchase I've done!
The Brush Guard is seriously made with care, made with quality and definitely A MUST HAVE for people who are spending their hard earned money on expensive brushes! I have bought this a couple of months ago and I've been using these for my MAC brushes, not that I don't care for my other brushes, since I only have limited number of these, I am using them first on the more expensive brushes then slowly purchase more Brush Guard as I want to protect ALL MY BRUSHES!
I feel very comfortable traveling with my brushes now with the Brush Guard protecting the bristles. I don't need to run my fingers onto the bristles or spray leave-on conditioner on the bristles just to maintain its shape.
I call this a "thing-crush"....
- always put the brush guard from the handle of the brush going to the bristles so as not to ruin the brush hairs
- after sliding it onto the bristles, extend it a bit beyond the bristles
- if there are any "extra" nylon from the brush guard, you can trim them with eyebrow scissors so it won't scratch off your brush handles.
- purchase more, share shipping with a friend!
Where did I purchase and how much?
I bought them at the Makeup Mix Shop for $5.25 (approx Php 250.00) plus $3.95 shipping for orders up to $19.99.
You can also purchase them at The Brush Guard site for $5.50 (approx Php258.00) plus $3.00 shipping.
Wet brushes ready to dry up!
Not owning The Brush Guard is not the end of the world, I am sure there are still ways to protect your brushes! I believe some of the brush owners I know wrap them with net/plastic to maintain it's shape!
Any other ways you do to protect your investments?