I have another MAC SF Powder Foundation, MAC Blot Powder Pressed "packaging look-alike" for review...the MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder! Do I like it? Is it worth it? Read on!
Micro-fine, sheer and silky. Pressed for portability. Goes on lightly. Won't shift your shade or leave its mark. Lets skin's natural vitality and freshness glow through. Comes with its own suede-finish sponge. Blurs lines. Makes skin look flawless.net weight: 12 g/0.42 oz
Askmewhats says ---
- never cakes even if you retouch many times a day
- though I don't use the sponge, it's actually nice and made of good quality!
- great to set liquid/cream foundation, does not change the shade as the powder is quite sheer
- soft and non drying
- no heavy feel
- no breakouts and allergies (for me)
- for someone who wants full coverage, this has light coverage
- does not cover redness
- for super oily face, does not control oil as much as you would want!
- a bit pricey for a pressed powder with sheer coverage
- other brands can do the same function at a cheaper price
It took me quite some time to review this as I've been comparing this with MAC's Blot Powder. What's the difference? Coverage and that's it! MAC's Select Sheer as it's name imply has a sheer coverage as compared to MAC's Blot Powder Pressed which does control oil better but no coverage at all.
I've used this multiply times on my client by dusting it lightly all over the face to "set" the makeup, I go down to the neck and also the shoulders, chest and back! Why do I do so? I want to make my client looks clean and yet isn't obvious that they have foundation on their body! It works that way!
Do I love this? I personally use the MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish (MSF) for retouch!
- do not purchase the powder base on the number you use for the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I am NC20-25 and I purchased NC15!
- use a brush to set your foundation or application rather than the sponge that comes along with it
- if you are looking for full coverage, purchase the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation instead of this
- want natural look? Cover your flaws with your concealer of choice before you use the MAC Select Sheer!
- use a big powder brush to set your foundation, use a kabuki brush if you want a bit of coverage
- never apply too much in one application, can make your face look unnatural and powdery.
No, so many setting powder at the moment! And other brands can do the same function.
Where to purchase and how much?
At MAC counters for Php1,300 (approx $27.00)
close up in NC15
Close up on the sponge included
I'd love to know how you find this product!
I could be missing something