Good day everyone! Thanks for enjoying my Becca Cosmetics Counter Report. Let me clarify that the guy who stopped us from taking photos is actually nice and friendly, he told us that it's prohibited in a nice manner, so I don't have any grudge against him :) To those who asked if Becca counter is customer friendly? Base on my experience, yes. Why? Because they have testers for almost all of their products and I don't have any saleslady hovering around me pressuring me to try on products I don't even plan to purchase! I had my freedom and I enjoyed it!
My piece of advise, no matter how cheap or expensive a product is, always understand the product you are purchasing and make sure the "need" is there. Always check for the availability of testers (especially for pricey ones) and please do not feel obligated to purchase just because you "tested" their testers or you took the time of the sales lady. In times like these, spend your hard earned money wisely!
BECCA Silky Hydrating Primer says ---
Silky Hydrating Prime with anti-oxidant vitamin E, works to moisturize and prepare the skin for foundation by creating a soft, even surface. Helping the skin retain moisture and creating a silky smooth texture, it allows liquid and cream based products to glide on easily, and stay fresh looking, longer.
- Visibly improves the look and texture of the skin by smoothing fine lines and pores.
- Provides a protective barrier, sealing in moisture
- Allows liquid and cream based products to glide easily over the skin and stay on longer
- Keeps makeup looking fresher longer
- Prevents moisture loss during air travel and in air conditioning
- Doubles as a moisturizer
- Provides the perfect base for eye shadow to glide over
Size: 50ml/1.7 fl oz tube
Made in Germany
(you can click to enlarge)
AMW says ---
- dermatologically tested
- absorbs to the skin easily
- no skin flaking for the whole day, skin is moisturized and hydrated the whole day
- wonderful for my "mature-skinned" clients as this is super moisturizing so makeup won't budge and skin remains moisturized!
- makeup stayed the whole day with a bit of touch-up on areas that aren't too dry
- I can use this without moisturizer on some days - sunscreen, this and foundation!
- cream and liquid foundations that are usually dry on me glides on smoothly!
- I also use this to gently pat on my eyelid area so my eye primer doesn't came out too dry when applied
- product is sealed to ensure "freshness"
- the strong floral scent, I am not a fan of the strong scent, it stays with me more than 30minutes!
- has a bit of "tacky" feel right after application (read tip below on how to deal with this)
- have to store this primer laying down or the other way around to make sure the product won't "burst out" when I twist the cap
- even when stored properly, the opening looks like this when twisted to cap to open
- doesn't fill in fine lines, it decreases a bit but do not expect too much! Botox will always be Botox, do not expect this product to totally erase your lines
- the box and the tube's product shelf life is confusing
BECCA Silky Hydrating Primer lives up to its name! Silky and super hydrating! It took me quite some time to review this product as I've tested this primer with cream foundation and liquid foundation and even powder foundation! I've found that it doesn't create flakiness or dryness and it made my foundation application easier because it goes on smoothly.
Another primer I own that works for dry skin like mine is the Paul & Joe Protective Foundation Primer but this is multiplied by 3x for its super moisturizing properties! No other primers I've tried could moisturize my skin this much so please...for people who's reading this review having Normal or Normal to Oily skin, they have other primers from Becca that will suit your skin's need. This product will work best for people with dry or even super dry skin!
- tacky feel: leave for a couple of minutes before you follow up with foundation application, make sure the primer has been absorbed to the skin
- set the foundation with a setting powder to prevent from oiling up
- normal to oily skin, do purchase different version of their primers suited for your skin type.
- use a small pea size amount for the whole face, I once applied too much because the product squirted out too much accidentally and my face felt weird and heavy the whole day! A little goes a long way
- can use your clean fingers to apply this or a foundation brush
- let the product sink in to the skin approximately 5-10 minutes before you start applying your foundation
- if itchiness occur, STOP using the product
Yes, because this will work great for my makeup gigs for mature and very dry skin!
Where to purchase and how much?
BECCA Counter, ADORA Greenbelt 5 for Php2,350 (approx $50.00)
Here's a sample amount I use for my whole face
this is the "perfect" amount, not too much and not too little
gently massaging and patting it
Absorbs to my skin easily
And here's a close up shot of my skin using MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC20, this foundation flakes on me the most so I don't use this much due to my dry skin, so I tested the primer with this, no moisturizer used and the result is...
The usual flakes on my cheeks and sides of the nose isn't that visible as before. So the primer really works, it gives out a subtle glow and skin stays hydrated.
I just wish the scent isn't that overpowering!