I've always been a P&J brand lover as it really works for my type of skin, sensitive, dry and just plain weird! lol Do you think I'll rave about this product as much as I've raved the Protective Dual Powder foundation? Read on!
Paul & Joe Protective Foundation Primer UV says ---
Paul & Joe Protective Foundation Primer UV gives a cool, sensuous finish and enhances the natural beauty of your skin tone without any chalky or cakey texture. Holds tightly to the skin and is super long-lasting. A makeup base that shields against the damaging UV rays of spring and summer.
made in : Japan
- No cakey texture. Gives cool, sensuous skin.
- Applies smoothly and is super long-lasting.
- Protects the skin from UV rays.
- Supple makeup layer lasts all day.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isothidecyl Isononanoate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht. Butylene Glycol, Cellulose, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Polysorbate 80, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Mica, Ultramarines (Ci 77007)
AMW says ---
- has SPF and it's just not regular SPF, it's SPF 40 baby!
- For scent lovers: this has a hint of flowery scent
- thicker in consistency as compared to the previous primers P&J came out with
- skin felt moisturized all day
- cute simple packaging, easily to take along
- gives out a nice dewy glow
- for dry skin: I can use cream or powder foundation without the flakiness
- no heavy feel
- no silicon feel, felt just like regular sunscreen
- not the bad-ass oil controlling primer as you've expected
- for super oily skin: you may need to retouch
- I am not a fan of flowery smell for primers, so it's a no no for me, I'd rather have the citrus-y scent that P&J skincare has
- if you're into matte looking skin, this is not the one, this primer gives out a bit of glow
- does not fill in lines like other primers
This makes our makeup routine quicker. This acts both my Primer and Sun Screen. I love that I don't need to pile on products to get the result of 2! Again, I am just not a fan of fragrance/scents for my primers, I'd rather have them just a tiny bit, as the scent stays til half a day! or maybe it's just my nose?
Overall, this works well for dry-skinned, mature skin. I love that this primer is non silicon base and it makes my foundation application easier. I have tried this primer to my "oily" friends and so far, it still works good but not as great as the Smashbox Photo Finish Light.
- I prefer to use clean fingertip to apply all over the face
- making sure the product absorbs to the skin before you go to foundation application
- if you will be taking a lot of photos, try not to use this as this contains high SPF which makes your skin glowy on photos (or oily to some)
- a little definitely goes a long way, try using a small pea size first and increase as needed.
- do checkout sales every now and then
Yes, if they're on sale :)
Where to purchase and how much?
At P&J Rustan's, Makati for Php1,650 (approx $34.00)
Size comparison with
Smashbox Photo Finish Light
Light Beigey Pink shade
L- no flash R- With flash
See the shine it gives on photo?
But this can be fixed with a pat of powder
I've used P&J Dual Powder Foundation
This isn't as expensive as compared to other primers available in the market as this is a 2-in-1 product. And 1 tube will last me months as I don't need to use too much. I know a lot of my dear friends have tried this and loved this. Share me your thoughts! :)