I haven't been reviewing a lot of sunscreens because it takes me lifetime finish a tube and so far, I'm done with my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF50+++ so I'm on the try different brands! One brand that caught my attention because it's name has "CREAM-GEL" written on it....
L'oreal UV Perfect (XL Block) Advanced Cream-Gel Protector
for Chest, Arms & Hands SPF30 PA+++
L'oreal UV Perfect Advanced Cream-Gel Protector says ---
To better protect skin against outside and inside aggressions, and prevent premature skin aging.It is easily absorbed by the skin while being water-resistant, ensuring comfort and non-stickiness right from the time you put it on your body.
AMW says ---
- non sticky and non greasy
- easily absorbed by the skin
- nice squeeze type tube that's easy to use
- no strong scent or weird sunblock scent
- no weird white residue on skin
- no allergies for my sensitive skin!
- has manufactured date imprinted (very very good L'oreal!)
- better if has higher SPF, reach it to 50+++
This is a wonderful product because it lives up to what it claims, non-greasy, oil-free and doesn't give out weird sunblock smell. True to its claim again, I've been constantly using this for a month and so far, no skin darkening for me and both my left and right arm are still the same color. Due to travel from home to work, the sun always shines (weirdly) on my left side! So far, I don't look like a zebra, so that's good news!
But, I can't help but compare this to my first sunblock love, both works great! But one factor that made me lean on to Neutrogena is the SPF 50 ++ as compared to L'oreal's SPF30++. I know, I don't need SPF50+++ for regular days but I just can't help but feel more protected with it!
But, on L'oreals defense, I like the flip-type cap of L'oreal better! Click Click in the morning is something I'd love to play with! Childish? Yes, but I don't care, it makes me happy! lol
- apply sunscreen at least 5-10 minutes before you get exposed making sure the product has been completely absorbed by the skin
- if you're out in the sun too long, re-apply after 3-4 hours
- re-apply approximately 2-3 hours later if you perspire too much
- wait for sales, L'oreal brands are frequently on sale from 10%-20%
Will I repurchase?
Probably, if they are on sale, but for it's price I can easily go for my first love Neutrogena Sunblock which has SPF50++
Where to purchase and how much?
At L'oreal counters for Php460.00 (approx $10.00)
Now, I have to ask!
"Are you using sunblock to protect yourself from the sun?"
If not...How Dare You!!!
What are you waiting for?
It's never too late to start!