I''ve always included MAC 217 as the "must have" MAC brush for blending and for creating smokey eyes. One reader caught my attention by asking my review for this famous blending brush I've been raving about! I didn't put up a review of this brush because I thought it was "given" that this brush is great..that's it! lol I guess I'm wrong! Well, if you're reading this my dear, I hope you like this post and this is for you! :) And I've learned my lesson, I should NEVER assume! :P
MAC 217 says ---
For shading or blending of color or creamy products. This brush has fine, densely packed fibers that are arranged in an oval shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.length: 17 cm
AMW says ---
- can be used for both powder and cream eyeshadow
- blends all hard edges like a breeze
- multi-purpose, can be used alone to do a simple smokey eyed look
- grabs pigments well
- can be used both wet and dry
- bristles has a nice firmness but it's not harsh on lids
- perfect size for small lid spaces
- for the OC people out there? White bristles, gets dirty easily
- the MAC 217 name embossed goes invisible after several washes (i put a clear polish a bit too late)
If there's only ONE MAC eyeshadow brush that you have to purchase, seriously, in my humble opinion, this is definitely THE ONE! No matter you're a beginner or a pro, this is definitely a must have for blending and it's not called a blending brush for nothing. Seriously, I have never sang praises for a single brush!
I know there's a lot of dupes out there or cheaper alternatives, I myself have used blending brushes from different brands, but the MAC 217 blends like a dream. Everytime I have a gig, I've used this brush for sure! So in the long run, though this brush is quite pricey, its worth the price as I've used it every single time!
MUST HAVE...again..MUST HAVE...oh, did I say ... MUST HAVE?
- wash your brushes regularly especially if you love using vibrant eyeshadow colors as it could stain the bristles
- use a brush guard to protect the bristles right after washing
- perfect to apply cream eyeshadow or even concealer, it feathers out cream products naturally
I hope not as I plan to take care of this til my hair is the same color as this bristle! lol But if I wouldn't think twice repurchasing this brush if needed.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local MAC Store for Php1,100 (approx $23.40)
after a year of constant use
But take note: I do take care of my brushes
like my bestfriend :D
Do you plan to purchase?
Am I making you want one? Sorry.....
You asked for this review! lol
Check out other reviews on this brush ---