(note: all reviews are done based on the experience by this author, different individuals may have different views, feel free to comment if you want to share your views, thanks)
I thought I finished reviewing all my Nick Chavez hair products that was sent to me for review. Guess I'm wrong! I've done reviewing those that I use most of the time and I realized I haven't been giving this the time of the day!!! Bad Nikki! Oh well, better late than never right!
Nick Chavez Plump N Thihck Leave in Thickening Cream
Nick Chavez says ---
An exceptional day or night leave-in creme that maximizes your hair's body and thickness to create richer, fatter hair. Formulated for all hair types. It has whole wheat protein, panthenol, and botanicals help strengthen hair.
Water, VP/VA Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Benzophenone-
4,Cyclopentasiloxane,Cyclohexasiloxane,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract,Honey, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed
Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Lactamide
MEA, Lecithin, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract,
PPG-1Trideceth-6,Propylene Glycol,Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate,Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium
PCA, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,Fragrance, Red 33, Red 40.
Askmewhats says ---
- does not weigh hair down
- smells great
- hair do not feel greasy the whole day
- hair feels a bit fuller
- works really well if you plan to do a "poufy" hairdo
- one bottle lasts as a little amount is enough
- not available locally and too expensive to have it shipped here
- if your hair is not layered, you won't feel much of the volume
- won't do anything for you if you're not into volumized hair
I don't have thin or thick hair to start with, my hair is just right. But when I had my hair layered, I've thought of giving this product a try and so far, it does enhance the look of the layers done by the stylist. I am not into big hair though so I don't use this as much as I wanted to. I've given this up to a friend of mine who has thin and limp hair. She loves it and she told me she will repurchase via a friend in US.
This product in my opinion works for well anyone who wants a bit of volume without the weight or the greasiness. I haven't seen any similar product locally or I may not be looking hard enough, but this is a product that works but I'm not a fan of it due to my personal reason of not liking the thick looking hair :)
From Nick Chavez
- after shampooing, apply a dime-sized amount into palms, maassage into hair and leave in.
- on dry hair, rub a dime-sized amount into palms and massage into hair and scalp, leaving product in hair.
- before bed time, brush dry hair thoroughly, dispense a dime-size amount into palms of hands and massage into hair, do not rinse.
- use a pea sized amount only
- test onto your hair which one works better, applied on wet hair, dry hair or before bedtime. I like it applied on dry hair on my own experience.
- if this product works for you, ask for a friend or relatives who live in the US to purchase this for you
- try to avoid applying onto the root area, our humidity will weigh down our hair or make our hair looks greasy
No, again, I'm not a "volume" person
Where to purchase and how much?
CVS website for $22.000 (approx Php1,012) for 8oz.
Are you into sleek, straight hair?
Or full wavy hair?
I'd go for any! Depending on my mood :)