Have I found the one?
Before you further react, this is not meant to be just a contouring powder, MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish Natural is multi-purpose and it really depends on the user on what you plan to do with it! :)
MAC MSF SkinFinish Natural in Dark says ---
A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day.
Ingredients: (you can click photo to enlarge)
AMW says ---
- multi-purpose: can be used as setting powder for darker skintone, used as contour powder or blush/bronzer
- product lasts a long time!
- since this is "baked", it never gets cakey and gives out a really soft, natural finish
- applying too much may turn out quite "orangey" <--- be careful
- because of the "dome" shape, the powder if very delicate
- no mirror that comes with this
- powder tends to fly everywhere when you swirl using a denser brush, product wastage
Matte yet gives a bit of a sheen finish, that's the best description I can give for the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural Line. I have purchased this mainly for contouring but I find this a bit too "rusty" for my NC20 skintone, I think this will go perfectly for NC30-35 skintone. I've used this to give a bit of healthy glow all over my face on days that I feel like I need the "color", but using the right type of brush is very crucial for products like this!
- depending on your preferred usage, always test on different brushes to find the "perfect match"
- to achieve a nice healthy glow, apply lightly on areas that the sun naturally hit your face with a stippling brush for "softer" dimension
- prefer more coverage: wet your sponge or spritz your brush with water
- to prevent product from flying everywhere, I prefer using a "dab dab" method rather than a swirling method
- NEVER drop this!
Will I repurchase?
I purchased my MAC SkinFinish MSF Light last March and I use it daily, I've hit the pan (just in the middle) but still have a lot left, since I bought this only for contouring, this may last LONGER. Not sure if I'll repurchase this within the year!
Where to purchase and how much?
At MAC store for Php1,600 (approx $34.78). I purchased mine cheaper from a blogsale! Thanks Hedley!
Let me give you a closer look
to the MAC MSF Natural in DARK
I know contouring is not really for everyday, but if you do, have you finally found "zee contouring powder" that works so well for you? I'd love to know!
The year's almost over!!!