When I started to blog and started to read reviews, I've got to learn a brand that's inexpensive yet works great! HOT TOOLS! And I swear, this is one product I've been lemming FOR-EH-VAH!
My friend from the US helped me purchase one and after almost 2 years of constant salivation (if there is such term!), I held it close to me.....
After days of staring, not because of "awe" but because it was in 110 volts! hahaha Now that's what you call someone out there is playing a joke on me! I finally have my own "transformer" (and I'm not talking about Optimus Prime! *sigh*) I finally used it and here's a serious review..I mean business this time! :P
Hot Tools Professional says ---Hot Tools Gold Spring Curling Iron is great for adding waves, curls, or volume to any hair style. The Patented Pulse Technology® senses heat loss and begins restoring it immediately so the iron stays hot, curl after curl. The 24K gold plated barrel speeds the circulation of heat, enhancing heat up and heat recovery.
- Patented Pulse Technology for Gets Hot... Stays Hot performance
- Variable heat settings with built-in rheostat control up to 430 degrees
- Powerful spring clamp
- Extra-high heat
- 24K gold-plated barrel
- Fast heat up
- Heavy-duty long-life heating element
- Foldaway safety stand
- Pilot light
- Extra-long cool tip
- Soft-Grip¿ textured handle
- 8-ft. cord
- On / Off switch
- Solid-state circuitry
- One-year warranty
AMW says ---
- *whistles* looks GREAT!!! Imagine pulling this out??? *sigh* Gold......
- heats up pretty fast
- great 360 degrees swivel cord
- the clamp is just right, not too tight or loose
- easy grip handle, just the right size
- I love the on/off switch that doesn't accidentally turn off while styling, my flat iron tends to accidentally turn off while using!
- has temperature controls, at least, you can control the temperature base on your hair texture. Perfect if you're a hairstylist as different clients have different hair texture
- the cool tip is longer as compared to other curling irons which gives a better hold while curling
- included are 2 extra springs for you to change when the original one gets loose
- needs transformer to be able to use this if you are not living in a country that uses 110 volts
- if you use this everyday without protection, can easily dry up or ruin the texture of your hair
- not available locally
OverallI strongly recommend this if you are looking for a curling iron that works and does what it was intended to do. It curls and the curls stay!
What is the difference between the Gold Barrel and the Ceramic ones?
I own both the Gold Barrel and another one that has "teflon" coating or I would say, equivalent to ceramic ones. The coated ones in my opinion does not curl as fast as the uncoated ones, and the curl does not stay as long, but the good side is, it protects the hair and great for daily use as its not as harsh.
In my case, both are useful. If you like to curl your hair on a daily basis, go for the ceramic/teflon coated curling irons, if you have a special event or party and a long lasting curl is needed, this one will save your special day! But I have to stress again and again to use heat protecting products!
- never use while taking a shower or on a wet environment
- be careful not to store in area that children can easily reach
- while iron is still hot after unplugging, store in place that's not easy to reach
- use a heat protecting gloves if you are clumsy
- use a damp cloth to wipe the iron when cool, or use an iron spray if available in your location
- use heat protecting product to protect your hair while styling
- if you are living in a country like mine using 220v, do stick on a "note" that reminds you on this voltage to prevent accidents
Will I repurchase?I'd love to get other sizes! 3/4 inches, 1 1/4 is my next target! :)
Where to purchase and how much?
My friend purchased this one for me at Ulta for $32.00 (approx Php1,500)
And here's a photo to show the Hot Tools Professional Gold Curling Iron in 1"
Curled early morning around 9:30am, this was taken at exactly 11:30pm
Not bad eh?
L'oreal Professional Tecni.Art
Air Fix Force 5
If you plan to purchase a curling iron, I highly recommend this brand. This is a perfect example of a product that works great yet inexpensive! GOOD BUY! :)
I hope you find this review helpful! Full of photos, sorry! I can't help but boast it's sexyness *winks*