I purchased MAC's Just a Pinch Gel Blush from a friend who doesn't use this much and I'm glad I purchased this! It looks scary on pot, but is it really scary to use? Keep on reading...
**photo from MAC website
MAC Just a Pinch Gel Blush says ---
A limited edition product with MAC Rose Romance Collection this sweet little blush gives cheeks just the right amount of flush without being too red, too pink, or too bold!
AMW says ---
- super blendable
- nice natural shade that's build-able
- gel texture is very smooth and easy to apply
- housed in the same glass pot as MAC's paintpots
- great even worn alone as it dries up easily
- the shade would work on most skin tone
- dual purpose, though it was named as cheek color, you can double this as lip stain
- isn't as long lasting as cream blushes
- not available anymore as this is a limited edition
- a bit pricey for it's original price of $19.50 (approx Php900.00) <--- US price
A very nice "raspberry" shade, looks very sheer when applied as opposed to the shade on pot, I never over apply this product because of its gel-like texture. If you are a fan of natural flush minus the hassle of application, gel blushers really are something you should look into. This lasts a bit longer than powder blush but disappears faster than a cream blush.
Since this is a limited edition, the point of reviewing this is for you to know there are several types of blush textures you can choose from.
- apply with clean fingers or stipplying brush, or in my case, my favorite synthetic foundation brush
- apply using light hand strokes right after foundation
- if you have oily skin: set the cream blush with a translucent powder or powder blush
- for hygienic purpose, I prefer to dip the gel blush with a brush, apply it straight on my cheeks then blend the rest using my fingers
- always close the cap tightly
Will I repurchase?
I'd love to purchase more shades! MAC make this available again, please!
Probably ebay or from friends who purchased this and doesn't use this.
I've been using MAC's Just a Pinch Gel Blush for a couple of days
Take a look at the bright and bold red color you see on pot
Here's the shade once grabbed on my finger
Applied heavily on my hand
Applied lightly onto my cheeks using light feather strokes
Color is build-able
What blush formulation do you think will work for you?Intrigued to try gel blushes?
Well I will be on for a lookout for other gel blush brands out there
Let me know which one I should try!