**photo from Stila website
Stila Major Lash Mascara says ---
This luxurious cream-based formula adds instant pigment to shine and define. Can be layered for a more dramatic look, keeps lashes soft, and curls on command. The best part there is no flaking and lashes remain large and in charge throughout the day. This is truely a Stila favorite.
Size: 0.18 ozShades: Black and Brown
Ingredients: water\aqua\eau, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax\cera carnauba\cire de carnauba, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, polyvinyl acetate, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, isostearic acid, panthenol, pantethine, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, butylene glycol, peg-9 dimethicone, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, simethicone, hydroxyethylcellulose, acrylates copolymer, bht, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, [+/- mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), ultramarines (ci 77007), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), manganese violet (ci 77742)]
AMW says ---
- no smudging
- does not clump, definitely doesn't build up after several applications
- does not irritate the eye
- lengthens a bit but naturally
- dries easily after application
- brush is not too big or small, just the right size
- I actually like the long wand applicator (some may find this a con)
- no horrible scent
- can be easily removed by regular eye makeup remover
- volume is not enough, my lashes actually looks thinner than usual (photo below on nude lashes eeeekk)
- doesn't hold the curl
- has a tiny bit of fall out if applied too much
- the formula isn't wet even when newly opened, makes the mascara easy to dry up in the long run
This is a so-so mascara. Nothing I hate and nothing I love. It's just a regular mascara that gives out a natural finish. So why would I put on mascara if it'll end up looking like my regular lashes just a tiny bit darker? Beats me! It does not dramatically lengthen or gives volume to your lashes, so this is perfect for people who are born with naturally gorgeous lashes. For non-existent lashes like mine, time to finish this tube, move on and try other mascaras!
- to increase volume, you can apply a mascara primer prior to mascara application
- if this clumps your lashes, use a spoolie or mascara wand to brush the lashes gently after application
- remove all traces of mascara before going to sleep to prevent eye allergies
Will I repurchase?
I got this from Stila's Ulta Mate set at Strawberrynet.com
$8.50 (approx Php391.00) at Stila Cosmetics website
Close up look on the mascara wand
Side view isn't that bad, but doesn't looks quite natural and can't really tell I have mascara on. This can be good or bad, it really depends on your preference.
I'm still on the search for THE MASCARA 2010!
I'll keep you posted for more mascara reviews! I promise I won't be lazy! hahaha