I know I do, but there's something lacking with my overall look! I tried to deny it but I have to face the truth that the dark undereye circles hindered me from looking "awake" and...well... a bit...prettier! *blushes*
Experiment after experiment, research after research, I've learned that mild darkness can be covered with regular foundation, and during those days that you're not into wearing foundation, a concealer one to two shades lighter than your skin is enough to cover the unsightly!
But what if your dark undereye circles are just too evident? That's where salmon hued concealers come to the rescue. Why salmon hue you ask? The salmon hue of a concealer can blend right away into the purplish tone of the undereye circles which can cover the darkenss and brighten up the entire eye area and even the face!
The first salmon hue concealer I've heard is the one from Eve Pearl, I tried purchasing online but shipping is just too expensive. That's why when The Skin Food, came out with a salmon concealer, the rest of the nation, including me went ga-ga and I told myself I have to give this a try! Is it worth the purchase? Read on....
SkinFood Dark Circle Salmon Concealer says ---Contains triglyceride which is similar to skin constituent, so it can be applied on the weak skin around the eyes.
Concentrated and creamy, it effectively covers dark eye circles and wrinkles. Can be easily applied without irritation.
Available in 2 shades:01 (light beige)
02 (natural beige) - this is what I purchased
AMW says ---
- perfect to conceal undereye circles because of it's "orangey" shade which counteracts the dark undereye
- very creamy and easy to blend with both fingers and concealer brush
- do not set in fine lines or wrinkles
- moisturizing but not oily
- lasts whole day if set with powder
- one pot lasts a long time
- very pigmented, a little goes a long way
- no weird scent
- no allergies
- cute pot!
- only available in 2 shades, they could go for more! :)
- I find its a bit difficult to get the product with your fingers especially if you have long nails like myself (please read tip below)
OverallIf you have dark undereye circles, this is a good product to invest and practice on this to perfect the best concealing technique. If you get the hang of this, you'll love this!
- apply this with your fingers or your concealer brush gently after foundation application
- set with your preferred powder
- to prevent bacteria from the pot, use a concealer brush to grab the product and apply on your undereye circles instead of dipping your fingers
- use patting motion, never rub your eyes
- apply more as you go, do not apply too much at one time
- even though this is moisturizing enough for your eye area, please do not skip your eye cream!
Will I repurchase?This isn't a bad product, I don't mind repurchasing but I have to finish this first!
Where to purchase and how much?You can purchase this at SkinFood stores for Php950.00 (approx $20.65) or you can pre-order in various multiply stores for lesser the amount but you have to wait!
SkinFood Dark Circle Salmon Concealer #2 on pot
Left: no Flash, Right: with Flash
Swatch on hand, left applied once, right blended while
Note: not too orange as compare to pot
Here's how I applied my SF Dark Circle Salmon Concealer
- Using a concealer brush to transfer concealer to my undereye area, I use my clean fingers to gently pat the concealer on areas needed to be concealed, adding as needed.
- Stand back and check on areas needed to be concealed, the areas near the lower lashline needed more, so I use a smaller concealer brush to reach the said area. Be very gentle.
- Blend well using your fingers, again, use patting motion, never rub!
- Set with your preferred powder. In this photo, I am using Neutrogena's Fine Fairness UV Compact #21 Natural Beige.
Before and After shot to show the effect
(no Photoshop or any form of alteration,
lighting could be a bit different due to a bit of camera movement,
but you get the point) :P
Are you purchasing this or have you purchased this?
How do you like it? Tell AMW by clicking comment button! :)
An extra tip will be very much appreciated too!
Have a wonderful Monday!