"A Woman's Hair is her Crowing Glory" --- that line, I've heard a million times! I've always thought that's one cheesy line invented by companies for marketing strategy. As I grew older, I can't hide the fact that I want to let my hair down, I have to let go of my kiddie-ponytail stage.
Letting my hair down isn't as easy as Rapunzel! I found myself getting frustrated even at the smallest blow of wind as I try to comb my hair in place with my favorite mini Hair Doctor comb. That's how crazy "OC" I was when it comes to hair.
That's when I discovered the beauty of hair products, finding the right products that works WITH my hair instead of AGAINST it. One brand I've been lemming for the longest time is Kerastase. I told myself I have to work double time to be able to afford this. I did work extra hard and I managed to reward myself with this....
Kerastase Oléo-Relax Nuit
Kerastase Oléo-Relax Nuit says ---
Kerastase Oléo-Relax Nuit is a nutri-disciplining night treatment for dry and rebellious hair designed to reduce volume and leave hair silky soft and super sleek.
Formulated with nocto-active formula, containing Camelina oil to nourish, soften and polish the hair fiber and next generation disciplining silicone to restore the hair surface for long lasting control. Kerastase Oléo-Relax will leave hair feeling renewed and the fiber soft, supple and shiny with 72 hour anti-frizz and anti-volume protection.
AMW says ---
- smells wonderful
- a little hazelnut-size amount goes a long way
- hair is tangle free and really soft when you wake up
- hair is soft even after shampooing
- texture is not as runny as my Kerastase Noctogenist Serum Nuit, easier to manage and control
- packaging, I prefer the squeeze-tube type
- an expensive form of addiction
- product claims frizz free for 72 hours (instrumental measurement carried out after 3 shampoos), I can't say this stands all through to all individuals. Different hair types react differently.
Kerastase hair treatment never fails me! It is the most pricey hair care product I own but it's worth every single cent I've spent for it.
I may not have very frizzy hair, I do have problems with tangles because my hair is growing out with wild layers. Using the Kerastase Oléo-Relax Nuit definitely gives me a softer, more manageable, easy-to comb and tangle-free hair every time I wake up in the morning even after shampooing. The added factor of course will always be the gorgeous scent! Who would want to sleep on a bad smelling hair right?
If you have really frizzy and hard to manage hair and you have the money to spare. Invest on Kerastase Oléo-Relax Nuit or better, also invest on Kerastase Oléo-Relax Masque for weekend treatment. This line is intended for people who hate to go back to rebonding and wants the less frizzy hair. I repeat, LESS frizzy hair, if you have really frizzy hair, please do not expect miracles from products. Again, work with your hair and never against it!
- Brush hair to remove any styling residue.
- Once the hair has been detangled, hair fibers are more receptive to care.
- Before going to bed, massage one or two hazelnut-sized amounts of Oléo-Relax Nuit through the lengths and ends of dry or towel-dried hair.
- Avoid roots, do not rinse, if desired blow-dry the hair.
- use this 2-3x a week depending on hair condition
- apply from mid-section of the hair down to the tips, concentrate on the tips because the hair is drier and more damaged in that area
- after application, comb through hair and wait for the product to absorb before going to bed
- if you prefer the product to absorb faster, use a blow-dryer. Be careful with the temperature, not too hot!
- I prefer applying this product on damp, towel-dried hair and let it air-dry, it works better for me
- if applying stuffs on hair irks you prior to going to sleep, cover your pillows with extra towel
- start by applying 1 hazelnut amount and add if needed, do not apply too much, prevent product wastage
- use a spatula instead of dipping your fingers for hygiene purposes
I mistakenly purchased this instead of the masque, will try the masque version and see how it goes
Where to purchase and how much?
At selected salons for Php2,160 (approx $47.00) you can checkout other variants from Kerastase by smiling and clicking HERE
A closer look on the product texture and color
What's your luxury hair care routine?
A lot of you may give me the "raised eyebrow" look but this is still cheaper than going to salon for treatment. Am I being defensive? Blame my hair! *laughs*