TBS Lightening Touch says ---
Discover the wonder powers of Lightening Touch, a magical little wand that gives light relief to the appearance of under-eye circles, instantly brightening the skin. Its ever-so-clever formula contains ingenious little light-diffusing particles to minimize fine lines and dark shadows. Simply use around the eye area, after your foundation for a flawless-look.
Available in 3 shades: 01, 03 and 04
- Marula Oil - Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin's moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
- Organic Beeswax - Moisturises and helps to condition the skin. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time.
- Vitamin E - Is an antioxidant that helps to soften, condition and protect the skin.
Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Mica (Opacifier), Polymethyl Methacrylate (Emollient), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone (Emulsifier), Sclerocarya birrea (Marula Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Barium Sulfate
AMW says ---
- packaging: The simple silver packaging is just too gorgeous! The brush is soft and easy to use!
- light formula which does not feel heavy at all
- liquid texture which does not sit in fine lines
- easy to blend using patting motion with fingers or sponge
- gives a really nice, natural, brightened up look
- as compared to other "light diffusing" products that has obvious glitters, this product doesn't have any!
- no white casts on photos, yes, even on flash photos
- multi-functional, I use this to highlight my nose bridge, the sides of my lips and the center of my forehead!
- smells good! Has a quaint floral scent.
- coverage is light but buildable!
- never creases even at the end of the day!
- no allergies nor skin irritations
- a bit pricey but as compared to its high end alternative YSL Touche Eclat, this is cheaper
- product finishes up fast if you use it on other areas of your face to highlight
- if you purchase this only as a concealer, you may feel disappointed as this works well WITH concealer, this is more of a brightening/highlighting product rather than just concealer.
- as most problems with "click pen" packaging, you have to twist a couple of times especially on first time use before you get into the product!
I am quite impressed with the brightening power of this product! I can totally see the "awake" look this product can create especially in the middle of the day when my eyes are tired from staring at the computer the whole day! With a simple dab of this product and "pat pat pat" motion, it's like an instant Photoshop on the undereye area!
- Use around the eye area after applying a foundation so as not to reduce the effect of the light-reflective particles.
- Dab onto specific areas and blend using the applicator brush.
- never use the applicator to another person, apply the lightening touch on your hand and use a separate brush before you apply it on other people's faces!
- always use dabbing motion, never wipe it off
- dab using the ring finger to prevent pulling the skin
- apply using clean hands and fingers
- The Body Shop has monthly sales on their product lines, you can check with your local TBS stores on their Sale Schedules.
- if you have heavy under eye circles, use your preferred concealer first then finish with TBS Lightening Touch to give an awake look!
- use this to highlight the nose bridge for that nice "pop" and "glow"
- since this product finished up "powder" finish, and setting is not needed, I still prefer to set this with a powder foundation using my favorite "fluffy blending brush" for that extra coverage especially if your under eye circles are dark.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this for?
People who does not have much puffiness under the eye area and dark circles aren't that dark! For people who likes quick and easy way to highlight different areas around the face minus the extra tools!
Where to purchase and how much?
At The Body Shop for Php950.00 (approx. $22.00)
I got 04 shade
The shade 04 has a hint of "salmon orange"
which I think works well on my undereye circles!
Here's a short diagram on how I apply my TBS Lightening Touch
Step 1:After foundation application, I used Neutrogena Powder Foundation in this photo.
Step 2:I dab 3 or even 4 dots of the TBS Lightening Touch onto the undereye area.
Step 3:Using my clean ring finger, I dab it gently until the product disappears. Re-apply if needed to build up coverage.
A before and after photo!
If you're wondering why my under eye area isn't as dark as before, as you look back on Step 1, I applied powder foundation all over my face prior to TBS Lightening Touch application, dabbing the product gives an extra "brightening effect" which I love.
I know there's a love/hate relationship for this product!
Tell me if you own this and love/hate this! I'd love to know your thoughts on this!
For AMW? It's love! Something for personal use I may have to say!