Oh Saturday, how I love thee! =)
If you read my tweets and Facebook stats, you'll know that I was busy with a 3 day shoot for an AVP a week ago, it was really tiring but one of the best makeup gig experience I've ever had!
In this shoot, I've met a model, she's Australian, French and Filipina. Anthea's background is really impressive! She's done a couple of runway shows, TV commercials (ex. Lucky Me Saucy, Del Monte Fit n' Right, etc...) and she can also act and worked for a film and you have probably seen her in previous "Magkaribal" episodes.
Being her makeup artist on this 3 day shoot, I am in charge of her makeup and I create her looks base on what the director is aiming for. Before doing someone's makeup, I make sure to study the facial features first and create a "Face Chart" inside my head. When I saw her pretty face, I can see that she has a beauty mark on the left side of her cheek near the nose.
Which led me to this "I Wonder" question for the week ---
"If you have beauty marks, do you hide it with make up?"
"If you don't have beauty marks, do you think people who do should hide it?"
You want to know my answer? Well, I've decided not to! As her beauty mark is actually pretty on her face and it doesn't disrupt the focus of her overall look! The least I could do is to "lighten" it a bit with makeup but not totally be a trying hard in hiding it!
Here's my before and after shot of her
Makeup used ---For the Face
- Becca Silky Hydrating Primer - concentrating on the drier areas of her face
- Graftobian Cream Foundation - as foundation and concealer
- Paul & Joe Compact Powder Foundation 020
- Paul & Joe Eyebrow Pencil no. 2
- Guerlain eye primer
- Lancome 6 Color Focus Powder Eyeshadow - Gold and Matte Brown
- MAC Carbon eyeshadow
- Stila Smudgepots in Black
- Paul & Joe Curly Mascara in Black - curled with Shu Uemura Lash Curler
- Elianto Stay On Eyeliner Pencil in Black - waterline
- Urban Decay Glide On Eyeliner Pencil in Yeyo - on inner waterline to make the eyes pop
- MAC Shadester - to contour the nose and the cheeks
- Nars Blush in Orgasm
- Set with MAC Blot Powder
- Kiehl's no. 1 Lipbalm - blot with a tissue paper
- Revlon Lipstick in Soft Rose - applied using a lip brush
- The Body Shop Love Gloss Clear - on the center of the lips for a nice fullness
(Photo uses Flash, so face may look too fair, but in person, it's not)
Have a lovely Saturday everyone!
Keep that smile and love the way you are!