I was one lucky girl to have been invited for the Shiseido White Lucent Skin Care Launch last March 2010! Yup, it was several months ago! I am a turtle when it comes to skincare reviews! Sorry! But better late than never and finally! FINALLY! I've given this a test and I'm actually done with the Cleansing Foam! It actually took me almost a month to finally finish the Cleansing Foam! The sample size is seriously a great idea to test on the product prior to repurchasing!
How did I find this Skin Care line?
Shiseido White Lucent says ---
The newly re-formulated White Lucent skincare collection illuminates skin's natural beauty for a pure radiance that glows from within. With an innovative spot-targeting technology, dark spots and uneven skin tone are visibly diminished in as short as two weeks.
- A safe and effective alternative to medical treatemnts
- A 24-hour brightening system
- In just two weeks, skin shows increased radiance with a more even tone and texture
- Triple-action brightening system targets various types of spots while helping to prevent their formation
- Preventing discoloration while visibly diminishing existing dark spots and uneven skin tone.
Shiseido White Lucent Cleansing Foam says ---
A newly reformulated gentle cleansing foam that cleans away impurities with a fresh, creamy lather to promote a look of inner radiance, without stripping moisture.
Formulated with Micro White Powder and helps remove dead surface cells that can reduce skin clarity.
Full Size: 125ml/4.7 fl.oz
AMW says ---
- cleanses your face really well! Seriously, the best cleanser I've tried!
- can remove face powder, blush and other makeup except eye makeup
- a tiny amount is enough to create a lather
- though it removes all traces of dirt and oil, it does not dry out my skin and make it flake!
- smells really light and good!
- can be easily removed with water.
- no skin irritations or allergies even on first usage!
- a bit pricey for a cleanser but worth every single squeeze!
- use a small amount cleanser and water to create a generous lather.
- cleanse gently with circular motions.
- always rinse well
- for heavy makeup user, make sure to remove all traces of makeup with a makeup remover or cleansing oil before washing it with this cleansing foam.
- if skin is dry, never skip moisturizing process as this cleanser strips off oil and grime really well!
Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Balancing Softener Enriched says ---
An enriched brightening softener that replenishes skin moisture for a luminous look. Newly formulated with m-Tranexamic Acid to prevent dark spots. Super Hydro-Synergy Complex, composed of Hydro_Wrap Vitalizing DE plus Bio-Hyaluronic Acid, intensely hydrates to give skin a dewy, radiant, and even-toned look. Erythritol, Apricot Extracts and Super Hydro-Synergy Complex normalize cell turnover to retexturize skin.
Full Size: 4.7 fl. oz
AMW says ---
- non-alcohol so no sting-y feel or scent.
- very lightweight, absorbs to the skin easily
- skin feels, and looks refreshed!
- skin feels healthier and have this "healthy tight" feel
- skin feels really soft!
- skin looks bright and dewy in an instant after application
- again, the price is a huge factor but it lasts really long, there's still half left of the 25ml sample bottle after a month!
- saturate a cotton pad and wipe gently all over face after cleansing, before moisturizing.
- if excess product remains on skin, gently pat with your clean, bare hands for further absorption.
- on areas that have dark spots or pigmentation, add more Brightening Balancing Softener by gently pat the area with the cotton pad.
- this is also the best time to gently massage your face
Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Cream says ---
An ultra-rich brightening moisturizer that works on skin during its regeneration phase at night to repair skin damaged by daily UV exposure. Refines skin's texture and helps it capture light. New formula contains Multi-Target Vitamin C to reduce existing pigmentation. Contains Tranexamic Acid to prevent dark spots. Super-Hydo Synergy Complex to deeply moisturize and refine skin's texture for softer, smoother skin. Erythritol, Apricot Extracts, and Super Hydro-Synergy Complex normalize cell turnover to retexturize skin.
Full size: 50ml/1.7 fl. oz
AMW says ---
- never feels greasy or heavy on skin
- smells wonderful! Reminded me of Vitamin C.
- brightens and softens the skin around the face once you wake up
- may cause irritations or spots to some super sensitive skin as this moisturizer is quite rich.
- pricey, packaging is a bit unhygienic
- if possible, use a spatula to take out product instead of dipping fingers in.
- gently massage using clean hands after cleansing and balancing, best before you go to bed.
- after the product gets absorbed to the skin, pat your warm hands gently on your face until "semi sticky" feel is gone
- massage with upward motion and do not forget to include your neck.
- wipe remaining on your hands or elbows not to waste product!
- use a separate eye cream to protect the areas around your eyes.
- try to be consistent with application to see results.
Price: Php3,850 (approx $87.50)
Though this is really a wonderful skincare line, I found myself focuses on moisturizing more than Brightening or lightening of spots. I do not have pigmentation or freckles, I am lucky I don't have issues on discoloration so I can save my money and targets on anti-aging (for those lines) and moisturizing (for the dryness).
Does the lightening or brightening works? I can't tell about lightening but I can definitely see my skin brightened up! I can even see the effect right after usage of these 3 and the effect is more visible after a month! And the best of all? The brightening effect is the "healthy" kind and not the "greasy/oily" look! There's a radiance that came from within!
If I'm starting to have skin discoloration, this skincare line is on top of my list!
To whom do I recommend this to?
People who want to lighten up spots but again, this is no miracle product, it takes time!
Expensive! Very Pricey! I know that's on top of everyone's head! But we have to take in consideration that there are some people who would spend big bucks for peeling sessions just to have the "bright" look they what to achieve. I am not saying that the Shiseido White Lucent is the answer to all those discoloration and pigmentation woes, but it doesn't hurt to give this a test and if it works for you, in the long run, this is more inexpensive as a little does go a long way with these products!
Seriously, after a month, I was only able to finish the Cleansing Foam. I still have half of the Brightening Balancing Softener and 1/4 of the Brightening Moisturizing Cream and these are all in sample sizes! What more if you purchased the full size version right?
Photo of bare skin after the 3 products application
I hope my review helps those who wanted to give this skin care line a test! Please bear in mind that we all have different skin so please purchase at your own discretion :)
Have a gorgeous Humpy Wednesday!