Happy Monday folks! Lucky to the rest of the Philippine readers who don't have the Monday blues because it's holiday tomorrow! I will be at work on a holiday and *grumbles* I am NOT complaining! *hahaha*
For the past weekends, I've been quite busy with some makeovers! It's such a nice way to end the week prettifying people! I always get to see the real results of the makeover after combining the before and after photos! I like doing so because I like to improve on my craft! One thing I've realized about the way I put makeup is how much I've changed from a couple of years ago when I was too scared to contour other people's nose! I've always tried to steer away from nose contouring because I don't want to make a person looks unnatural!
After constant makeup application, makeup seminars and classes I've attended, I've learned the importance of nose contouring! It's as vital as perfecting brows, choosing the right foundation, etc..!
This post is a good timing as a couple of readers are requesting for nose contouring tips! Here are some of the tips I can share for the moment!
Rhinoplasty! *hahaha* JUST JOKING!
**photo grabbed from Google images
Seriously, here are my tips! Things you may use for nose contouring:
- Dark and light powder of liquid foundation.
- Different shades of cream concealers
- Contour and highlighting powder
Using a lighter shade of foundation/concealer/highlighting powder (around 2 shades lighter than your original shade), apply a thin line starting between your eyebrows extending it all the way down to the tip of your nose with a tiny brush.
*Infomercial voice* And I'm not done yet! Here are some extra tips for that lovely nose minus the surgery!
- Gently dust the area with setting powder to "set".
- Try not to moisturize the nose area much prior to makeup application to prevent shiny nose!
- If nose tends to oil up easily, use your preferred oil-control primer applying a bit more on the nose area to prevent "Rudolf the Shiny Nose Reindeer" (I know I know, it should be red! But what the heck? Christmas is coming soon!) *LOL*
- Bring along oil control film to remove excess oil on the area with a gentle patting motion.
- Do this step best on special occasions, or when you know you will be photographed!
Have a wonderful week ahead!