When I visited Seoul, Korea October of last year, I gave myself a quick mental note to purchase different types of cleansing oils because I want to prolong my Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil usage as I've already finished 4 huge bottles of it! I know finding an alternative cleansing oil in Korea is not a good idea especially if the brand is not locally available! You know that I'll do anything to prolong the lifespan of my Shu Uemura cleansing oil!
One of the first few Cleansing Oils I tried from my Korea Trip is the one from Nature Republic. A lot of you may be familiar with the brand but to some (like myself) who relied on research, I've read that Nature Republic's products have been designed and developed according to the great nature's beauty secret and uses extraordinary natural ingredients from all over the world. Most of their products are said to derive from pure nature. I like testing on products that does not use a lot of chemicals, lesser chemicals equals lesser chance of skin irritations.
I don't have to explain myself on why I chose this brand, you do know that it's love at first "packaging" sight!
Nature Republic says ---
Revitalizing cleansing oil containing essential oil comples.
Ingredients: Ethylhexyl, Palmitate, Mineral Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl, Triisostearate Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Butylparaben, Propylparaben
Available in: with Borage Oil and Carrot Seed, with Oil Rosemary and Ylang Ylang, with Tea Tree and Lemongrass, with Argan Tree Oil and last but not the least, with Chamomile.
AMW says ---Pros
- The cute sexy packaging looks very nice on my bathroom!
- Pump is perfect for ease of use.
- 2-3 pumps are enough to clean up my face.
- Can remove hardheaded foundation, primer, powder, etc..
- Can even remove waterproof mascara.
- Skin feels soft after washing.
- Skin never feels dry nor oily.
- No skin irritations or allergies.
- If product gets on the eye area, it blurs out my vision a bit and could sting at times!
- The scent is a bit overwhelming! Not for the sensitive nose.
Not bad! The product performed quite well! I was thinking that this could be pricier than other cleansing oils because of the quantity, but you know what? This bottle lasted me 3 full months and I still have some left!
With regards to the texture of the oil, the Nature Republic's texture is "runny" and more of the "watery" side as compared to my favorite Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil.
- Start by pumping 2x using dry hands and gently massage all over face. You can add more pumps if needed.
- Lather a bit and continue massaging your face especially on areas where you have a lot of makeup on!
- Slowly wash off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face with soft cloth , never wipe your face with too much pressure!
- You can continue with cleanser if you prefer to remove the "oil".
- Stop usage once skin irritations occur.
- Try not to get product inside your eye, wash off immediately if the product irritates your eyes.
- If you are a heavy mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner user, wipe your eye makeup with your preferred eye makeup remover prior to cleanser oil usage!
- Keep and reuse the bottle!
If I get the chance to visit Korea again, I'll purchase this on a different variant!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who's used to using cleansing oil in makeup removal! For this variant, this works on both dry and oily skin as it does not cause skin to get oily nor it strips oil from the skin! Feels very light.
Where to purchase and how much?
I bought mine in Korea for approximately Php400.00+ (approx $10.00++).
Do you use cleansing oils?
If yes, how much is your cleansing oil?