The eyeliner review continues! The start of 2011, I have given my gel liners a rest and been using pencil liners on a daily basis! Must be because most eyeliners nowadays are packaged better? I love retractable packaging because I am too lazy to worry about sharpening them in the morning especially on a rush!
Avon came up with Glimmersticks Eyeliner which I believe has been around for quite some time! What bothers me about this liner is the fact that it's non-waterproof! Waterproof is one quality of an eyeliner that I require due to our weather and it gets humid most of the time!
Armed with makeup remover and cotton buds, I road-tested this product and here's what I have to say....
Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner says ---
Defines eyes with perfect precision. Smooth, glide-on color. Long wear (Wears up to 12 hours!). Retractable, self-sharpening.
Size: .01oz net wt.
Shades available: Blackest Black and Cosmic Brown
AMW says ---Pros
- Nice, retractable packaging.
- Creamy and easy to apply without tugging the lids.
- Very pigmented.
- Removes quite easily as compared to other eyeliner pencils.
- When applied on the upper lash line, lasts the whole day without smudging.
- The onlyl non-waterproof eyeliner that does not give me the super sleep-deprived Panda Look.
- Once freshly applied, you can smudge this right away with a smudger pencil to create a simple smokey eye makeup!
- Since the liner is softer compared to other pencil liners, this can easily break. It actually broke on me!
- No built-in sharpener, though this was said to "self sharpen" , there are times I wanted the pointed tip to control the "thickness" of my liner especially on the upper lashline.
- Irritated my eye when I tried tight-lining (personal experience).
- Only 2 shades available locally. (Blackest Black and Cosmic Brown).
- When applied on waterline, it smudges a tiny bit transferring to the lower lash line.
Though the name states Glimmersticks, the Blackest Black came out super matte black! If you're trying to create really dramatic eyes and wanted the gel liner/liquid liner effect in pencil form, this is the one you're looking for!
In other countries, the Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner comes in 2 variants, one is waterproof and the other one is non-waterproof version. I think the one I reviewed is the non-waterproof version which I think is good enough! I have never tried any non-waterproof eyeliner to survive the day with very minimal smudging! The great part about this? Easy to remove with regular makeup cleanser.
- To prevent eyeliner from further smudging, "set" the pencil liner with a similar shade of powder eyeshadow.
- Do not tug your lids when you apply eyeliner.
- Remove all traces of eyeliner with a good makeup remover before you go to bed.
- Once irritations or itchiness occur, stop using the product!
- If you are using a non-water proof eyeliner, carry along cotton buds in your pouch to easily remove smudges during the day!
- Apply a thick line on your upper lash line, use a smudge brush and smudge gently with a wiper motion to create a very simple and easy-to-do smokey eyes.
No, I personally like the waterproof version when it comes to eyeliners.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who prefers non waterproof eyeliner that can be removed easily at the end of the day.
Where to purchase and how much?
Call your Avon ladies for Php250.00 (approx $5.95).
Left: Bare eyes
Right: Applied Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Blackest Black
Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Blackest Black lives up to its name! It is very pigmented and definitely the blackest of all black eyeliner I own! I will definitely use this liner if I'm working on a subtle smokey eye makeup! I love how easy it is to smudge the eyeliner and give it a couple of minutes? It stays! The best part? You don't have to hurt your eyes trying to remove this liner at the end of the day!
There are some rare cases of irritations which I have when I tight line, its not that major but I prefer skipping out this step and use other eyeliner pencils to tight line and I'm ready to go! :)
What's your blackest black eyeliner to date?
Keep smilin'Stay happy!
Have a gorgeous week ahead!
(Note from Author: Product was sent as gift. The review has been done base on personal experiences. Please purchase at your own discretion.)