"That Gal" Brightening Face Primer sample by Benefit is part of the Benefit To Go Beauty Bestseller. It has been lying around my "makeup storage" box as I was enjoying the "spot" highlighting I've been doing for months or a year. Thanks to wonderful readers who always remind me to review this product. As of this moment, it has been a month that I've used "that gal". Even if I'm at home and not going out, crazy! I know! But that's how much I love you guys!
Smile and read on for further information --- that sounds like an instruction from a box! *lol*
**photo taken from Benefit site
Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer says ---
Brightening complexion primer from benefit will turn dull to dazzle.... Can be used on its own or under make-up. Either way your complexion will have never looked as glowing.
Contains soothing raspberry & chamomile, combined with sweet almond & algae extracts to help skin retain natural moisture, for a soft & silky finish.
Light-reflecting pigments brighten the complexion.
Size: 11 ml 0.37 US fl. oz.
WATER (AQUA), OCTYLDODECANOL, GLYCERIN, CETYL DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TAPIOCA STARCH, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), PHENOXYETHANOL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, TRIBEHENIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MICA, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLATE-13, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED EXTRACT, CARBOMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYISOBUTENE, BENZOPHENONE-4, SORBIC ACID, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, IRON OXIDES (CI77492), FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, POLYSORBATE 20, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TIN OXIDE, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM ETHYLPARABEN, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, SILICA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, RED 33 (CI17200), POLYQUATERNIUM-7, CITRIC ACID, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. N° 091307-4
AMW says ---Pros
- Even with the tiny squeeze-tube type tester, both the original packaging and sample packaging is very convenient to use.
- Scent is okay, a bit fruity but not too overpowering.
- Product is easy to apply and gets absorbed into the skin quickly.
- Does not feel heavy on skin.
- Moisturizes my skin a bit.
- Does give a tiny bit of brightened look ONCE you look closely.
- Works great as highlighter.
- Not available locally.
- I don't know if its just me but I prefer the "sample" packaging better, I like the "toothpaste" tip rather then the full sized version (as shown on photo below).
**photo taken from Benefit site
- The brightening effect is not as obvious when used as primer.
- Oily-skinned individuals will not appreciate this as much as it does not have oil-controlling properties.
- No additional properties like anti-aging or SPF which makes the product a bit pricey.
Don't shoot me when I say this, if you own Estee Lauder's Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator, the texture and effect is a tiny bit similar! I do not have the Estee Lauder product but I was able to swatch it on hand when I was at Jheng's place. I was amazed when I saw the similarity (note: Only on texture not on function).
The product is best added to your makeup regimen as it does give a very subtle, healthy look. Keep in mind that it does not give a drastic effect so do not set your standards too hgih.
As a face primer, I find this just ok, doesn't make a world of difference. Used as highlighter, it actually works!
- Twist the base until the primer is distributed on the top.
- Apply with fingertips onto the face.
- Blend this silky pink primer in an even, upward motion.
- Wear alone, or under makeup for smoother makeup application.
- Gently pat on during the day to re-brighten your complexion. To help re-brighten your complexion throughout the day, gently pat on.
- If you like the effect to be really subtle, use this prior to foundation application or mix this with your favorite foundation.
- If you want a bit more "oomph", use the same product and highlight areas like your cheekbones, the nose bridge and sides of the mouth with the use of a blending brush.
- Try not to use your fingers once you plan to apply this "after" makeup as you may end up rubbing off your face makeup. (Note: Finger application for pre-makeup application, brush application for post-makeup application.)
- Though the product is moisturizing, dry skinned individuals will need to moisturize well prior to primer application as this is not enough.
- Oily skinned readers may still need to use oil control primer then mix this with your favorite foundation to achieve the bright look they want.
- Test how much product you need to put to get the "achieved glow" you want. Practice makes perfect.
- Once irritations occur, STOP product usage.
Not for myself but for clients. I'll probably mix this with foundation.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal or dry skinned readers.
Darker skinned individuals may find the effect more obvious as opposed to fairer skin!
Where to purchase and how much?
Can be purchased at Benefit online site for $29.00 (approx $1,247.00).
That Gal Brightening Face Primer by Benefit
Texture is creamy, color has a slight pink tint.
Pinkish tint will slowly disappear and
pearly pigment is starting to show
Once the pink tint disappears, a super light sheen can be seen
if you take a look at it or zoom it just as shown on photo below
A before and after shot of me
(L) bare faced and (R) with "that gal" primer
The effect isn't as obvious but I would like to point out that the dryness near the sides of my lips was significantly reduced! The "brightened" skin may disappear once you apply foundation on top. So I suggest mixing the product with your favorite foundation instead. Just my 2 cents :)
Have you tried a brightening face primer yourself?
Which brand and does it work for you?
I'd love to hear from you!
Like Benefit Philippines on Facebook to get updated on events, contests and promos.
Enjoy your Monday!