Revlon, a brand of cosmetics that I'm quite impressed in terms of foundation, lipsticks and blushes! I just can't seem to like their mascaras because they are either "hohum" or "so so".
Then why another Revlon mascara review? I've been using this mascara on and off for the past months and I just can't seem to categorize this under the "to keep" or "to chuck" list! Until now.....well. yeah, I'm a girl! It's difficult to make up my mind sometimes but I finally did! :P
An arrow that points 1 Length & Drama
Turn the dial and you have 2 Length & Definition
The colored plastic bristles look too cute on packaging but say "bye bye" to it once you start to use the mascara as it'll turn black just like the rest of the mascaras!
Revlon CustomEyes Waterproof Mascara says ---
Revlon's first mascara with an adjustable bristle brush gives you 2 looks in 1 with a simple twist of a dial. Ophthalmologist-tested.
Size: 0.19 fl.oz/5.6ml
Good for 6 month upon open
- Blackest Black
- Blackened Brown
- Innovative, cool packaging and design! I got Mr. AMW intrigued with the click button! We even had to stare at it together to check how dial works!
- I like the fact that the brush is separated once newly purchased. The mascara has a cap which protects the product making sure you get 'em fresh straight from the factory.
- I know a lot can't seem to see the difference between the 2 settings, but for a natural look, I prefer setting 2 as it gives me the length and a bit of definition minus the "look at me" feel. My lashes definitely look longer (photos below).
- Waterproof version does not smudge on me, don't ask me about the non-waterproof version, no plans to try it in our crazy humid weather!
- Can be easily removed with regular makeup remover.
- I like it that they have Black and Blackest Black! I appreciate really black mascara on smokey eyes!
- Once you master the application trick (quick but careful), I can have lashes that has the right length and volume and best of all,not much clumping.
- Dries up creating a bit of crunchy lashes.
- Can clump if you're not careful with application.
- Scent: it has a stronger "mascara" scent as compared to other brands of mascaras I own. (personally, its bearable)
- If you're into super dramatic lashes, the 2 settings won't be much of a help (but wait! Scroll down for a tip on how to create dramatic lashes!)
The bristle of the Revlon CustomEyes Waterproof mascara reminded me a bit of the Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara not in terms of the size of the wand but because the softness of the bristles and the way they look is quite similar (or was it just me?).
It's easy to hate this product because it doesn't do much on the "volume" department on either dial 1 or 2 but once combined, I am happy to say, I've found a way to love this product!
- Turn the dial to setting 1 to align bristles for long and dramatic lashes.
- Turn the dial to setting 2 to stagger bristles for long and defined lashes.
- Try settings 1 and 2 separately then combine by applying using setting 1 first then continue with setting 2 and find the best method to apply this mascara! (Mine would be setting 1, then 2, then finish with setting 1 again) lol My life is too complicated! I know!
- If you feel that the mascara is clumping your lashes too much, wipe the bristles with a clean paper towel at least once every 3 usage.
- Try not to sneeze when you freshly applied your mascara! *lol* Gosh, whatever brand of mascara you use, it'll look awful! *hahaha* Tried and testing my dear!
- I can't help it! I have to say this... "Sneeze with your eyes open?" *lol* ok back to being serious!
- Never share mascara wands with anyone! For "no-choice" moments, use a brush cleaner wipe in wiping off the bristles before putting the bristles back to its house.
- If mascara gets a bit dry and 6 months hasn't arrived yet, try to leave the mascara (cap tightly closed) on a warm glass of water. This can prolong the life of a mascara just a wee bit! :)
- Remove mascara well with a cotton pad and cotton bud before you go to sleep.
Will I repurchase?
For Revlon mascara, yes, because this is my favorite so far! But if you ask me, I'll go look for other brands still!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes definition but not too over-the-top kind of lashes! If you're opting for very natural or minimal makeup look, this is the best mascara to reach out for. Best for daily mascara users!
Where to purchase and how much?
Waterproof version costs Php750.00 (approx $17.45) while non-waterproof version costs Php725.00 (approx $16.90) at Revlon counters nationwide.
Dial 1 Length & Drama
It's not too obvious on photos but it gives my lashes a bit of length. I don't see much of the drama though considering the fact that I've done 3-4 applications.
Dial 1 Length & Drama
You can see a tiny increase of length here especially on the outer lashes
Dial 2 Length & Definition
The lengthening department is better, did give a bit of definition to my lashes by coating my lashes a bit making it look a bit thicker.
Dial 2 Length & Definition
Since my lashes are curled, the length isn't that obvious, my lashes seems to be darker in color which gives an illusion of a thick set of lashes.
First application: dial 1
Second application: dial 2
Finished it up with 3rd application: dial 1
Works like a charm!
What's your favorite?
(Product sent for review. All reviews are 100% mine, please purchase at your own discretion.)