Do you still remember the Benefit To Go Beauty Bestseller Set I got last year for $10.00 (approx Php420.00)? I tested the Benefit Posietint and forgot about the rest. *ashamed* Thanks to the constant queries from AMW readers on how to achieve dewy and glowing skin!
The Benefit High Beam
Benefit High Beam says ---
A luminescent complexion enhancer.
Benefit High Beam is an ethereal pink liquid highlighter that creates a radiantly dewy complexion. For an angelic sheen, this pink shimmering lotion adds a soft, natural afterglow.
Ingredients: Water, Propylane Glycol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Mica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Stearic Acid, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Corn (Zea Mays) Starch, Triethanolamine, Talc, Oleth-20, Iron Oxides, Lanolin Wax, Simethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Methylparaben Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, BHA.
Good for 6 months upon open.
Good for 6 months upon open.
AMW says ---Pros
- Very cute packaging. Both the original size and sample size.
- Very natural and subtle, won't create a disco-ball effect.
- A little goes a long way. With the right application, your whole face looks lifted and bright!
- Even with direct flash, does not show white cast.
- Does not oil up or turn greasy. Perfect for any skin type!
- Works on most skin tone!
- Even if you pat setting powder on top of the Benefit's High Beam, there's still an unexplainable "glow" underneath especially under sunlight!
- Lasts a while, the mini sample version lasted me more than 3 months and I'm still using it now (on a twice a week basis).
- Not readily available locally!
Highlighting powders are the easiest to manage but if you want them to stay for the whole day, I strongly recommend Benefit's High Beam! It's not too white as it has a hint of sheer pink shade which makes it look so natural even applied beneath the foundation! The trick is to blend it well before it dries up completely.
- Use this on areas wherein you would want the light to reflect specific areas of your face. (cheekbones, the bridge of the nose brow bone and inner corner of the eyes).
- Want a soft, dewy look all over your face? Mix a bit of this product to your favorite liquid/cream foundation.
- Start with dots then blend it gently and quickly. Do not apply too much at once as a little goes a long way.
- If you want a dewy foundation look, try not to set this powder, if setting is needed, try to steer clear from areas you used High Beam on.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone with any skin tone who are addicted to highlighting! Anyone with young to mature skin!
Where to purchase and how much?
I got my sample sizes at Maison d'elan House of Flair online store .
Benefit High Beam Swatch on Hand
Application on the Cheekbones
Application on the bridge of the nose
I love this product for the fact that its fool proof! Even if you put a bit too much, you can easily blend it to make it look natural or you can always "correct" by patting with your choice of powder.
I'll keep this on my "to buy" list when I travel to Hong Kong or if anyone can refer to me and AMW readers a legit, price-worthy, local resellers who carries Benefit High Beam!
I'd love to hear from you!
What's your highlighting secret?
Like Benefit Philippines on Facebook to get updated on events, contests and promos.