Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and I hope you guys enjoyed the series of Giveaways happening at AMW! I am wishing everyone good luck! To the rest, you can still get the chance to win by scrolling down! :)
If you ask me, I had a great weekend as it was well spent with both families, a First Birthday party of our friend's daughter Chesca and another highlight? I was able to have a nice dinner and desserts with Lisa Goh and her husband *waves Hi Alex!*, one of the girls from So Loverly.
Best of all, I was able to spend a full day with Mr. AMW as his work schedule has been a crazy and I haven't been seeing him much lately! So yeah, if you ask...I had a WONDERFUL Weekend!
Today, I will be reviewing the eyeshadow palette which got better reviews amongst the eyeshadow palettes made by Revlon.
Revlon CustomEyes Shadow and Liner says ---
Easily create and customize the eye look you want with 4 shadows and 1 liner. For dramatic eye popping looks like never before!
The dual ended applicator helps you to easily create the eye looks you want. Use the wider side to cover the eye area in shadow and the pointed end to apply the liner shade.
AMW says ---
- Very nice, sleek packaging. 5 shadows in one palette.
- Ingredients list are all listed on the "peel off" sticker at the back.
- Helpful diagram at the back to help newbies.
- 4 eye shadows coordinate each other no matter how you apply it.
- The sponge applicator is made with quality.
- The the product states 4 shadows and 1 liner, they are all in powder form so you can use all of them as eye shadows and all of them as eyeliner.
- Pigmentation is not consistent on all 5 shadows.
- Need to use an eyeshadow base or primer for the shadows to show up better.
- There is a small degree of fallout.
- No mirror included on the palette.
I actually visited the Revlon counter recently to check out the other shades. Metallic Chic I find is sheerer than the rest of the palettes. I suggest to swatch on different palettes before you look for one. I'll give Metallic Chic a skip and go for the other matte versions which are way pigmented than this!
- Use the wider side to cover the eye area in shadow and the pointed end to apply the liner shade.
- Sweet Innocence: For a special effect, dust shade 1 or 4 under the bottom of the eyes to create a soft halo effect.
- Party Pops: When wearing bright shadows, keep face and lips understated. Opt for soft, sheer shades that let your eyes take center stage.
- Naturally Glamorous: For a natural look in the evening just intensify your daytime look. Lips and cheeks can go darker and more shimmer can be added to the eyes.
- Metallic Chic: Mixing metals is a chic trend giving eyes a fashion forward look.
- Rich Temptations: Mixing purples and green on eyes creates a contrast that makes eyes pop.
- Smoky Sexy: Create a smoky rim around eyes with the pointed end of applicator, concentrating at the lash line for a perfect smoky eye
- Use an eyeshadow primer to prevent fallout.
- For the shades to come out really nice, use MAC Paint Pots or other cream based shadows underneath.
- Wet your brush or sponge applicator a bit for the shadows to apply better.
- Keep in mind to wet only half of the eyeshadow so you can still use the other side for dry application.
- It helps to ask for a tester for you to be able to swatch all the shades and see if its worth purchasing.
- Go for the palette that would work for you, or purchase shades that you are comfortable wearing!
Will I repurchase?
Not this palette for sure but other palettes!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone into eyeshadow compacts!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Revlon Counters for Php625.00 (approx 14.50).
A closer look on Metallic Chic
L-R Liner,Metallic Copper shade, Golden Yellow,
Metallic Forest Green and Metallic Copper
Applied on my eye with a base
Have you tried any from the Revlon CutomEyes Shadow and Liner?
Care to share your experience?
(Product sent for review. Reviews 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)