I get compliments each time I use this blusher. The shade is actually considered "color of the year". Yes, it's orange! Crazy looking orange on pan but it looks wonderful on my cheeks!
A couple of weeks ago, I shared to you the new brand that arrived called Royal Effem (read post HERE), prior to meeting the people behind Royal Effem Philippines, I did my own research and checked out their products and read reviews from overseas bloggers!
Amidst the 98% positive reviews, I am not that impressed! Whatever works for them may not work for us so I went on to meet Sarah and her husband I was super glad they brought all their testers with them so I can do the "watchful eye like a hawk" *raises eyebrow* hahaha
Royal Effem Compact Blusher
Sarah told me she wanted me to steer away from pinks as she's always been seeing me with pink blushes on FOTDs and she wanted me to try something unique and different. Once I saw the shade, I let out a tiny "eeeekkk!" as it was super bright on pan!
But at the same time, I was a bit challenged and excited! Of all the blushes I own, I do not have a blush shade like this...no, not even close!
Royal Effem Compact Blusher says ---
- Soft, light texture
- Light even hours after application
- Luminous pearly or mat finish
- Applicator brush with slanted tip in pony hair
- Lanolin, paraffin and fragrance free formula
AMW says ---Pros
- Free brush is very useful and made with quality.
- Soft milled powder that feels very light on skin.
- Very pigmented. Application can be controlled from light, medium to heavy.
- Though quite pricey for the "amount" of the blush, I still think it is a good buy as only a little is needed to see the shade! This compact can last me more than 6 months!
- Gives an overall bright effect even without much eye makeup!
- Though shade 029 is scary bright on pan looks great on cheeks! Works for any skin color!
- On Shade 029: Perfect for summer!
- Packaging could be a pro or con, I like the blush packaging to go slimmer though (for a makeup artist's point of view as I like putting more products inside my train case.)
- Shade is identified by number instead of a name! Personal preference, I like my blush to have cute names! *lol*
- Not easily accessible to purchase FOR NOW. I will update you guys if they are finally available inside the malls we frequently visit!
On days I feel like I look like a dead "chick" (at least I'm still a chick..lol), I grab this and swipe a tiny amount and so far, I like the instant "awake" look RE Compact Blusher in 029 gives.
- To create a more "contoured blush" look, use the free brush that comes in the compact.
- To create a very nice flush on the apples of your cheeks, apply using a big powder brush or fluffy blush brush.
- Applied to much? Do not fret, apply your favorite powder foundation on top of the blush to lessen the color.
- Do you want your blush to stay the whole day? Apply a similar shade of cheek tint (ex. Benefit's Cha Cha Tint is the perfect one) prior to powder blush application.
- If you like the added "oh so unique" orange experience, complete your look with a bright coral lips which would make you stand out!
- If you are the type of person who loves to wear nude colored lipsticks or glosses but always ended up looking sick! The best way to counteract the "sickly look" is by using a bright colored blush!
Yes! In different shades!
To whom do I recommend this to?
This particular shade is good for anyone who likes very matte, pigmented, true blue Orange blush to create "oomph".
Where to purchase and how much?
For Php1,300 (approx $30.00) available at G/F L&F Building Aguirre St. Legaspi Village, Makati. These can also be seen on high end salons soon and I believe they will also enter into the mall. Will update you guys if I have any more details.
RE Compact Blusher 029
Lightly applied on cheek using the free slanted brush
For the first time, I can wear nude colored gloss with light colored eye makeup (from V&M) and still look alive and kicking!
Have you found the best "oh so bright" blush for you on gloomy face days?
I'd love to hear your "secret blush weapon"!
(Product sent for review. Reviews 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)