I prefer powder foundation over face powders anytime of the day! Kindly explain to me though, why I love MAC's Mineralized Skin Finishes? Oh yeah, I remember now! I prefer face powders for retouch rather than powder foundation to prevent the heavy-feel or patches due to my "mostly dry, sometimes combination skin type".
Since my MAC's MSF went straight to my traincase and it never see the light of day *laughs*, I have Physicians Formula inside my pouch for my quick "retouch" powder! I have to say, I have been using this on and off since February which explains why it took me THIS long to finally share my thoughts.
Physicians Formula says ---
Includes built-in mirror and brush. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance-free. Oil-free. Talc-free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist approved.
Ingredients: Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Squalane, Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.
AMW says ---Pros
- Clear packaging with built-in mirror and brush.
- Expiration date shown on package.
- Very light-weight.
- Easy to apply and looks super natural.
- Build-able coverage, from light to medium.
- Since this product is talc-free, skin can breath.
- Great product for sensitive skin. Does not break me out.
- Controls the oil and can be applied all over face several times and won't look cake-y.
- ALMOST comparable to MAC's MSF.
- I wish this comes with a sponge applicator or puff so consumers get to apply this product both ways!
- Since this is available online, color-matching could be tricky!
This is a great face powder for sensitive skin because of its' talc-free, fragrance-free, oil-free properties. Please do not expect heavy coverage as this product is meant to be a face powder, NOT powder foundation. This is a great product to use to set your liquid/cream foundation or on top of a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream for a light and natural makeup look.
This product is almost comparable to the MAC's Mineralized SkinFinish.
- For light coverage or re-touch, use the brush provided.
- If you prefer to apply this product on its own, use a sponge or powder puff for better and more even coverage.
- If you have sensitive skin and light make-up is your choice, use a primer or BB Cream underneath, cover spots with your choice of concealer then set with Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral Wear Face powder.
- If you like a natural "contour" on your face, purchase 2-3 shades darker and use this as a contouring powder.
- Same concept as above, if you like the highlight some parts of your face, purchase 2-3 shades lighter and use as highlighter. This product is natural enough to create contours and highlights.
- Applying too much (with dry skin) may create "powdery" look, but this will be gone as soon as the product blends in with the skin's natural oil. I strongly suggest to moisturize drier areas prior to product usage.
- Though this product is hypo-allergenic, it pays to note down your skin condition while using this product. Once signs of irritations occur, STOP product usage IMMEDIATELY.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone with sensitive skin or are under dermatologists' treatment.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at TameraOnline.com for USD16.00 (approx Php686.16).
Product photo and swatches
Shade: BEIGE on Pan
Beige shade has a hint of yellow/pink blended well together. It may look dark for me on pan but it blends well a couple of minutes after application.
Swatch on Fingers
The powder shoes up with light to medium covearage,
Yellow undertone is more evident so this color works for most Asians.
I used the free brush without any foundation underneath
(Note: Kindly forgive me for the different color of photos on both before and after, I can't explain why the lighting changed all of a sudden under fluorescent light.)
L- Bare Faced
-R- Applied Physicians Formula Talc=Free Mineral Wear Face Powder in Beige all over face and neck.
I have to admit, this is my first and seems like they are known for natural-looking products meant for sensitive skin.
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)