Since my blog is called AskMeWhats, it isn't a surprise to get loads of queries over email! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I actually like sharing and learning at the same time!
One of the most asked question to date, aside from Makeup Schools, is a suggestion on a good yet inexpensive foundation. I understand the query as I used to be a student myself who works part time on the side tutoring kids to earn extra money for my own "fashion and beauty" wants.
Today, I will be reviewing an inexpensive liquid foundation from San San.
San San says ---
San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation is available in Four variants that match most Filipina skin tones. The nude to natural shades offer medium coverage that provides an even finish to help conceal blemishes and dark under eye circles. Its formulation is ideal for those with normal to dry skin.
Each bottle of San San Matte Finish Liquid foundation comes in a matte frosted glass container with a spatula for easier application plus Vitamins A, C and E that nourish skin and SPF15 for sun protection.
- Includes manufacture and expiration date.
- Comes with a spatula that's convenient stored inside the bottle.
- Build-able coverage.
- Gives a matte finish.
- Did not irritate my skin.
- Since the product is inexpensive, it is still okay to purchase at least 2 shades for mixing.
- Has a tiny hint of "coconut" scent that smells nice.
- Gives a nice, even coverage.
- As stated on the product packaging, this is made in P.R.O.C. (People's Republic of China), I'm not sure how comfortable some of you are in using China made products.
- Limited shades. (Please read tips on how to deal with this)
- Scent: those who dislikes scent on foundation may find it annoying.
For its price, this is an impressive matte foundation that doesn't dry the skin. Long-lasting and comes with a scent that lasts a bit.
- Use the spatula to get sufficient amount of product and transfer on your clean hands or a "plate" before application. Never apply from spatula directly onto your skin.
- Experiment with the best tool to apply your SanSan Matte Finish Liquid Foundation --- clean fingers, foundation brush, stippling brush, sponge, etc...
- Since the price is inexpensive, feel free to purchase a light and dark one to mix and match. A bit of a hassle but so far it's working on me.
- Best used for girls who are studying makeup! This is an inexpensive foundation great for practice yet it gives the coverage needed.
- If you have super oily skin, prime your skin with an oil-control primer prior to foundation application.
- If you managed to purchase a light and dark foundation for mixing, feel free to use the light foundation as a highlighter! 01 is a favorite of mine to highlight the bridge of my nose and other areas.
Will I repurchase?
I wouldn't mind recommending this to girls who are on a budget and are starting on makeup.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls who wants to try matte finish liquid foundation without breaking the bank. This product works well for normal, combination and dry skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Visit www.hbc.com.ph or add them up on Facebook. Available in all HBC stores nationwide for Php132.00 (approx $3.00).
01 03 and 04 on packaging
Comes with a spatula for hygienic purpose
Swatch on arm
01 Is a matte ivory shade with hint of yellow
03 Would match most Filipina skin, has yellow undertone. Equivalent to MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation in NC35.
04 Has pink undertone.
With a mix of 01 and 03, I came up with this to match my skin color
From light to medium heavy
Once blended on skin
It disappears and gives a good coverage without showing up lines
Does not flake my dry skin.
Applied on face
Please do not mind the weird grayish color of the after shot (R), the photo was taken under same lighting. SanSan Matte Finish Liquid Foundation gives a nice, even coverage minus the flaking.
Have you tried or seen SanSan Matte Finish Liquid Foundation?
Have you tried it? Would you give it a try even if its made in China?
Personally speaking, I am not a brand snob, I am willing to try on products that I think would work for my skin but I make sure to do a patch test or check out the ingredients before doing so! It is very important to let your skin breathe once in awhile and this tip is applicable for ALL Brands. Make ups are make ups, they are chemically-laden products which may trigger breakouts to some and not to others!
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)