Happy Monday AMW friends! Can you believe it's already mid-July? Time flew by pretty quickly and this is a reminder for everyone to please SEIZE every single day! I used to dwell on tiny problems so much and waste time worrying about little things that doesn't even matter today! I know there are moments I crumble and problems eat me up! But I'm happy to say, the 80% of me already knew the secret to happiness! It's holding each day close to your heart and treasure every moment and experience it as we can NEVER turn back time! I never forget to tell the people I love how much I appreciate them and love them though I may not be physically there. So yes, it's easy to frown and curse the easy target --- Monday! But before we do, let's just give ourselves a moment, think how lucky we are as we get to read blogs, to understand what we're reading (as we are lucky enough to have education), and to have friends and family who listen to our stories, laugh and cry with us through the good and bad times! :)
I know I'm being melodramatic here. The reason for such behavior is because I was reminded of the day I lost our dearest Pudding (our Pomeranian dog), the family mourned over it but we were able to survive the sadness and on to the good part (there's always good news after a bad one!) We finally found a new baby --- Chin Chin!!! I'm so excited to get to know our li'l baby pup! As early as I now, I can tell she's a sweetheart! (You can follow my Instagram "AskMeWhats" and you'll see a photo of our newly adopted puppy!)
Okay, I'm stopping myself from being a preacher and start doing what AMW is good at! A product review for my Ansley Flash Eye Color Stick in Pure White!
It's a jumbo liner pencil that can be used as eyeliner, eyeshadow base and highlighter!
Ansley says ---
Ansley New York Flash Eye Color Stick definitely gives a soft feeling and one touch eye make up expression. It spreads smoothly, adheres well on skin and maintain lustrous, crease-free finish giving an accentuate dimension and brilliant luster to the eyes.
The waterproof eye color stick does not smudge even with water or sweat. It expresses the amazing color with once drawing. In addition, the Natural Vegetable Oil and Vitamin E are the lasting moisturizing factor.
- #1 Star Gray - stylish smoky color
- #2 Pure Pink - lovely cute pink, eye zone highlighting
- #3 Pure White - shining color expression, eye zone and "t" zone highlighting
- #4 Apple Green - fresh light green color
AMW says ---Pros
- Very easy to use.
- Pure White color is multi-functional. I use these on waterline, brow bone, inner corners of the eyes and cheekbones for instant highlighting. This product can also give your eye shadows a nice "3D" effect if used as base.
- A nice retouching pencil that can be brought anywhere. (Even during travel)
- Glides smoothly.
- No allergic reactions.
- Need to wait for shipping.
- Pencil type liner, sharpening is needed and since the size of this pencil is bigger than regular pencil, you would need a special sized pencil sharpener for this.
- If you're looking for a plain matte white pencil, this isn't for you.
- More shade choices would even be better!
- The exterior of the pencil looks exactly like the Ansley New York Flash Lip Color Stick which may need me to open each of the cap to get the right product! Kindly read tip below on how to make your life easier! :)
- If applied on waterline, the product may be gone after an hour or 2.
These jumbo color sticks reminded me so much of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils! These are indeed pigmented, creamy and easy to use!
- I can use the Ansley Flash Eye Color Stick Pencil in Pure White alone all over my eyelids, very oily-lidded individuals may need to apply a primer prior to pencil application to prevent creasing.
- If you want to create a "doll-like" eye makeup, use a white pencil on the waterline to exaggerate the size of your eyes. If you prefer a more subtle shade, go for a beige or cream-colored pencil! Pure Pink may work better.
- If you own several shades including the Lip Color Stick, I strongly suggest to label the exterior of the pencil with stickers or apply a "similar nail polish shade" on the tip of the cap to avoid confusion.
- If you have very sensitive eyes, apply the product closer to the waterline instead to the waterline itself to prevent irritations and also keep the liner last longer as it doesn't get wet as compared to applying on the waterline.
- If you prefer to use this product on the eye area, keep the rest of your face matte. Applying too much may make you look like a walking disco-ball!
Not for now. I only need a Pure White eye color stick and so far this will last me long.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone comfortable with online shopping and those who wanted a creamy pencil that's waterproof and multi-tasking.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Glow and Glamour website for $7.90 (approx Php340.00) + Shipping. Check my code given by the company below especially for AMW readers to get 10% off.
If you plan to order from Glow and Glamour website, feel free to use the Glow and Glamour coupon code specially for AMW readers (AF280291458). Less 10% on all products in store!
Ansley Flash Eye Color Stick in 03 Pure White
Clearly labeled at the bottom of the pencil.
A quick swatch without base.
As you can see on photo, there's a hint of white glitter to it.
The glitter isn't as chunky and does not irritate my eyes.
Applied very close to the waterline to create larger looking eye.
If I like to create a fake 8-hour sleep, I like applying a tiny bit of the Ansley Flash Eye Color Stick in Pure White on the inner corner of the eye and blend using my fingers.
On those I used a boring matte colored eyeshadow, I brighten up the whole eye makeup by applying Pure White on the brow bone and again, blend using my fingers.
Here's how my eyes look with Ansley Flash Eye Color Stick in Pure White
applied on the brow bone, near the waterline and the inner corner of my eye.
Glow and Glamour Facebook page has an ongoing contest! Anyone can join so please head on to their Facebook page and follow directions! The winner gets to win products shown on photo below.
**photo taken from Glow and Glamour
Do you use white eye pencil to create brighter-looking eyes?
(Product sent for review. Reviews 100% mine. Code generated for the purpose of discount, I am not affiliated nor paid by the company.)