Happy Saturday! It's another busy day for me but I'm looking forward to it! After a full day of hard work and duties, we'll be celebrating my mom's (advance) birthday tonight! I booked a buffet dinner for the family and I'm quite excited not for the food but with the "bonding time"! Okay, the food excites me a bit too! *laughs*
I am very grateful each day when I wake up because God gave my mom a second chance, a second life! We're seizing each day and I never forget to tell my mom and dad how much I love them --- EVERYDAY! Do you do the same too? If not, well it's not too late! *smiles*
Let's talk about events, most of the time, events were held either in Makati, The Fort or Ortigas and those areas are at least an hour drive (without traffic) from my place, so getting ready will always be a rush as I don't want to be stuck in traffic! Do I even have time to blend my eye shadows? Unfortunately, NO so how do I make my boring eyes look at least a tiny bit interesting? Colored eyeliners!
Royal Effem says ---
- soft texture
- long lasting even with temperature variations
- excellent glide
- perfect definition
- even, clean lines
- lines free of smearing and cracking
- intense, precise outline
- lanolin, paraffin and fragrance free formula
AMW says ---Pros
- Ingredients clearly printed on the pencil.
- Good for 36 months upon opening.
- Very pigmented.
- Creates a nice "omph" but not the exaggerated, super young, teeny-boppy type.
- Does not irritate my eye.
- Stays and doesn't smudge.
- The pencil doesn't melt.
- For the lazy ones, it may be a "con" to sharpen this pencil every now and then.
- This may still transfer if applied on waterline. Make sure to "set" with powder.
Royal Effem 520 shade is one of the most unique colored eye pencil shade I own! It gives a nice "change" in your overall look but never the drastic type.
- If you're into makeup, there's no point of now owning a pencil sharpener! Though it's nice to purchase those inexpensive sharpeners from a bookstore, it's much better to purchase ones meant for sharpening cosmetic pencils!
- Warm the product by applying it a bit on your hand before you proceed on eye application. This technique will help warm the "tip" of the pencil making application a breeze!
- If you're a makeup artist, always wipe off the tip of the pencil before using on others! I like spritzing the pencil tip with makeup cleaner to sanitize it. Keep in mind that the eye area is very sensitive and can easily get irritated.
- If you have super oily lids, use an oil-control eye primer before eye pencil application.
- One tip for lids that oil up, apply a similar eyeshadow color on top of the eye pencil to "set" it and prevent from smudging.
- Once signs of irritations appear, stop usage immediately! Don't take this lightly, I have very sensitive eyes and I've used one eye pencil that gave me the eye itch immediately after application!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone into eye pencils!
Where to purchase and how much?
Royal Effem Products are available at South Salon Alabang or order online by sending them an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to LIKE them on Facebook for more product information. The eye pencil costs Php550.00 (approx $12.80).
Product photo and swatch
520 Matita Occhi
On packaging, the color is somewhat greenish-blue
Swatch on hand
Upon swatching, a deep bluish-green shade shows up.
Applied on upper lashline and waterline, the effect was unique and yet, it doesn't look too bright! I was once asked if it's a blue or green liner, I just can't decide! :)
I like using this pencil on days I skip eyeshadow application! I use a regular dark brown gel liner on top and finish it off with a nice colorful "punch" on my waterline using Royal Effem 520
(Note: I like how the pencil color is the exact shade of the packaging!)
Royal Effem will be holding a 2-hour, hands-on makeup lesson this coming July 28, 2012. To all makeup enthusiasts out there! Feel free to click photo below or head on to Royal Effem's Facebook Page for more information.
Have you finally tried any Royal Effem products?
If there's a particular mall you want them to be available, where would that be? :)
My vote is SM Makati! Or Rustan's Makati!
Stay happy!Happy weekend!
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)