Hi Everyone! I hope everyone's safe from the "unending rains" for the past 2 days! Praise be to God for keeping us safe! I guess you are okay if you have the chance to read this blog post! Let's continue to pray and do our best to help our neighbors in our own little ways!
Do you still remember my Yves Rocher store visit last month? I went home with their best-selling Second Skin Effect Foundation and I have been using it a lot of times and here's my initial review.
Yves Rocher says ---
A light, airy, fluid texture, that adapts perfectly to the complexion. Light, imperceptible coverage which evens out skin texture for a fine, transparent sheen with a real skin perfecting effect. An ultra-natural, luminous finish, an enhanced bare skin effect.
Second Skin Effect Foundation has all the natural benefits of extracts of cotton, apricot oil and rose water.
Tested under dermatological supervision
Suitable for all skin types and all colorings.
1.0 fl.oz bottle
AMW says ---Pros
- Plastic bottle makes it light and easy to take along for travel.
- Coverage is build-able. Gives medium to full coverage.
- Does make my skin appear more luminous.
- Skin feels light.
- Stays all day, the foundation doesn't melt nor slide off.
- The effect is matte and natural (if you pick the right shade)
- A little amount goes a long way.
- A bit difficult to know when you're almost done with the product due to its packaging.
- A bit tricky to use due to its very liquid consistency.
- No SPF.
This foundation is known for it's light, airy texture and I have to agree! The very fluid texture makes it easy to blend and pile up for more coverage.
- Since this product is very watery, I strongly suggest to apply this product on a small dish instead of squeezing some of the product onto your hand.
- Fingers, brush or sponge. Practice using those tools and see which one gives the best effect for you.
- If you have very dry skin, it helps to moisturize your drier areas to prevent flaking.
- Since the product has a nice oil control, a good oil-control primer may still be needed if you suffer from very oily skin!
- I did several ways of application and found the best brush to use for application is a stippling brush. Stippling the Yves Rocher Second Skin Effect Foundation gives a very nice, clean airbrushed effect.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal to combination skin!
Where to purchase and how much?
Locally for Php900.00 (approx $21.00) at Yves Rocher TriNoma Mall, SM North Edsa The Block, SM South Mall, SM Fairview and Ayala Center Cebu.
A closer look on the packaging
The shade I got as recommended by Yves Rocher Philippines Makeup Artist is Rose. He knew that I have yellow undertone and getting a BEIGE one may pale me up even more, so he suggest some color so Rose was recommended to me! It was a good choice!
Applied on skin without base
A couple of minutes after, the foundation settled into my skin
creating a nice glow.
(Photo taken in a "fluorescent-lighted" room)
To learn more about the brand, feel free to visit Yves Rocher Website or like the local Facebook Fan Page (Yves Rocher France Philippines).
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")