Okay, before the remembering, I forgot to say: "HAPPY FRIDAY!!!" Boy am I so excited for the weekend!
Back to the topic, the Bronzing Powder that I used for the past tutorial is from Yves Rocher! By this time, you probably know the brand more than I do! Yves Rocher has been around for quite some time locally and they're not only known for their skincare products but also their cosmetics!
Yves Rocher Bronzer and Shimmer Powder Duo may not have other shades available but I didn't mind picking this up as I'm a fan of using bronzers and darker powders to contour my face on a daily basis! :)Yves Rocher says ---
Bronzer and Shimmer Powder Duo for a made to measure sunkissed effect
A very natural matte bronzing powder complemented by the superb radiance of pearlised powder, both worked for perfect harmony with the skin. The bronzing powder procures a very natural instant tan. Applied with a brush, a touch of pearl revives and gives face a satiny radiance.
Bronzer and shimmer powder duo contains all the natural benefits of radiance-boosting rice bran extract..
Size: 0.24 oz & 0.12 oz compact
AMW says ---
- Nice compact with huge mirror.
- 2-in-1 product. Worth the price.
- The shimmer powder gives a natural shimmer, not-over-the-top look. Sparkles aren't huge.
- Bronzer can be used as contouring powder (to some skin color) or blush.
- Both texture of the powders are smooth and easy to blend.
- Effect (with the right application technique) comes off super natural.
- The Bronzer (matte portion) may not work for all skin color as a contouring powder as it may look too orange for a fair skinned individual.
- Only 1 shade available for the bronzer.
The Bronzer is a matte powder that can be used as blush or contouring powder while the shimmer powder duo can work as a blush on anyone!
- If you are fair and you plan to use the bronzer as a contour powder, please be careful not to apply too much as the effect could be "muddy" or dirty.
- Shimmer Powder is best applied on one area on your face. Use it to highlight your cheekbones or as an eyeshadow. Do not use the Shimmer Powder on various places, you may end up looking like a disco ball. (Now sing with me: "Stayin' Alive! Stayin' Alive! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!)
- Use the right brush in application, test on different brushes until you get to pick the most comfortable brush to use.
- If you have medium dark to dark skin color, feel free to apply a bit more, you'll look gorgeous nevertheless!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who loves bronzing powders and love to contour the face on a daily basis.
Where to purchase and how much?
Guess what? I got mine on sale!!! Lucky me at Php499.00 (approx $11.60)
Left: Bronzer (matte powder that has an orange base)
Right: Shimmer Powder
Right: Shimmer Powder
(reminded me so much of a darker version of Stila Kitten eyeshadow)
To give a natural contour all over my face, I pick my Charm Angled Kabuki Buffer Brush
and lightly pick the Bronzer using the "most dense" portion of the brush.
Gently apply the powder with a buffing motion creating an "E" shape.
Blend! Blend! Blend!
The same powder can also be used to contour your nose IF the shade isn't too much for your skin tone. I picked my Sigma Precision Angled P84 to contour the sides of my nose.
Now, using the fluffier side of the Charm Angled Kabuki Buffer Brush (which has the longest hair), I pick some of the Shimmer Powder.
Apply it on the apples of my cheeks or on the highest point of my cheeks with a dabbing motion.
Voila! My face is contoured at the same time, I have a beautiful warm blush that makes my skin healthy and glowing!
Overall effect of Yves Rocher Bronzer and Shimmer Powder Duo
applied with the light hands!
Would you give Yves Rocher Bronzer and Shimmer Powder Duo a try?
How would you use it?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")