"You look blooming even with morning sickness!"
"Pregnancy seems to be treating you well."
These are some of the compliments I got when I met up with fellow blogger friends. As I smiled sheepishly and blurted: "It's just makeup!" In my head, I was keeping tab which makeup products I used (and trust me, there wasn't much!) I used the same concealer, same powder foundation and didn't do any highlighting and contouring.
Keywords: Blooming, Glowing
Okay, I got it, it must be the newest Bobbi Brown product that I road-tested. If not because of that, well, I guess, I have to accept the fact that I'm really gorgeous! *winks* (BLECH!!!)
Bobbi Brown says ---
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base SPF 25 PA++ blends micronized pearl particles that quickly adapt to natural skin tones, while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and boosting skin's natural radiance. The formula is created for Asian-type skin tones.
AMW says ---
- Instead of just a regular makeup base, the product contains Green Tea, Artichoke Leaf Extracts and Vitamin E to protect our skin from free radicals.
- Has light scent that doesn't bother even a pregnant lady. *ahem me!*
- Doesn't cause skin to look greasy.
- Gives good moisture to dry areas and controls oil on areas that tend to oil up.
- Works for all skin types.
- Gives an "inner, illuminating" glow that people can't seem to pinpoint.
- The light reflecting property doesn't enhance the flaws around my skin.
- Has high enough SPF for daily use.
- Makeup looks fresh without retouch for at least 5 hours for oily skin and 8 hours for dry skin.
- Though packaging looks gorgeous on my makeup area, needs an extra spatula to scoop out product.
A good primer with moisturizing, oil-control and illuminating properties minus the heavy feel!
- Use spatulas to pick up product. If you're on a budget, please keep gelatin spatulas (you can get on groceries) and use these to pick up product for hygienic purpose.
- Do a patch test if you have super sensitive skin.
- Use clean fingers or sponge in application or in my case, I prefer the foundation brush.
- Start application at the center of your face and blend product outwards.
- A little goes a long way. You do not need to pile up a lot.
- If you get to be under the sun for long, use a separate face sunblock prior to face base application.
- The Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base is applied after skincare before foundation application.
- Apply a very tiny amount near the eye area for an instant "boost". Do not attempt this if you have super sensitive eyes.
- For a more defined glow, pat a bit more of the product directly on your cheekbones.
Yes! I'm addicted to illuminating and brightening products remember? :)
To whom do I recommend this to?
People who wanted the inner "Korean Glow" minus the heavy, greasy feel. Normal, combination, oily, dry and sensitive skin can give this a try!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Bobbi Brown counters for Php2,650.00 (approx $63.00). Please LIKE Bobbi Brown Philippines on Facebook for more product updates.
Packaging of Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base SPF25 PA++
Comes with a white lid.
Texture wise: Feels and looks like a light-peach colored whipped cream!
A little amount applied on my hand
After a bit of blending.
As shown on photos, the face base looks too pale against my skin.
Blending a bit more, the product gets settled without enhancing lines.
Giving a bit more massage,
the product gets settled into the skin giving a moisturized yet non-greasy feel.
Application AMW style
I used my Estee Lauder Foundation Brush and
gently apply starting at the center of my face with light hand strokes.
Blend the rest of the product on my skin until the product disappears.
In this stage, you can also opt to use your clean fingers and massage the product.
Clean face with Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base,
no moisturizer was used in this photo.
My bare skin with Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base applied all over face.
(note: since I don't want to scare you guys, I cheated and filled in my brows and applied a colored lip balm. *lol*)
My face in person has a nice "glow" but not too obvious! This product is meant to be applied prior to foundation (liquid, cream, powder) application.
To my dear readers who have oily skin, would you give Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base a try?
The Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base reminds me so much of my favorite RMK Make Up Base which I didn't get to review as I only tried tester size! Since RMK isn't available locallyl and its equally or even pricier than Bobbi Brown, I am quite happy with the Bobbi Brown version and wouldn't mind purchasing again!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)