While I was waiting for the perfect moment (real reason: enough TIME) to have my much-awaited haircut, I've decided to take care of what's on my head before I tear them apart with my own bare hands!
Last October, I visited Kiehl's Rockwell Powerplant opening and was able to gift myself with the Kiehl's Magic Elixir which the SA highly recommend for girls who suffer from extremely dry scalp! It's definitely a Selfish-That's-For-Me-Myself-and-I-Moment and I'm glad I took it home as I've been using this for months and been loving the results!
Read on for more detailed review. Keep in mind that this product can be used on both scalp and hair, I've decided to use this only on my scalp area and use regular hair treatment cream for the rest of my hair as my hair is long! *meager mode*
Kiehl's says ---
Used regularly, this potent concentration of natural oils penetrates hair and scalp with therapeutic action to restructure hair to healthy.
- Immediately restores moisture balance to scalp and hair
- Improves manageability of hair
- Softens hair and boosts hair’s natural shine
AMW says ---
- Smells wonderful and relaxing!
- Scalp doesn't feel or look as dry even after FIRST usage.
- Flakes on the scalp area has decreased after 3x usage.
- Hair feels silky and shiny after a month's usage.
- I had my hair re-bonded and there were around 2-3 inches of regrowth but that area remained frizz-free.
- A little goes a long way.
- The product doesn't leave a heavy, oily-feel after wash!
- Price/Size of the bottle. I wish it could go bigger!
Smells great, moisturizing and very effective even after first usage. Lightweight and hair is more moisturized and tangle-free.
- Apply a small amount on fingertips and massage formula throughout scalp using circular motion.
- You can also choose to apply the product directly onto the scalp and massage gently. I prefer the application using my fingertips as I can easily control the amount of product to be dispensed.
- Use this at least 3-4 times a week for maximum results. I started by using this 3x a week and decreased to once a week.
- After application and massage, wait for 10 minutes before shampooing.
- Continue with your regular shampoo + conditioner regimen.
- If you tend to get bored with application, apply the Kiehl's Magic Elixir and continue with my regular tasks/chores (ex. Answering emails, watch my favorite TV shows, etc...)
- If you want to save more of the product and prolong its usage, apply this product only on the scalp area and use regular hair treatment creams on the rest of your hair.
- Concentrate application on the most dry area! In my case, it is right above my forehead where flakes are visible.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes taking extra care of their hair! This product works well for people who suffers from dry scalp and hair.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Kiehl's Stores in Mall of Asia, Greenbelt 5, Alabang Town Center, and TriNoma for Php1,300 (approx $32.50) . LIKE Kiehl's Manila Facebook page for more product updates and contests.
My long hair prior to haircut. As seen on photo, the hair near the scalp remained straight and moisturized considering I already have almost 3 inches of hair regrowth (from rebond).
Do you suffer from dry scalp?
Would you give Kiehl's Magic Elixir a try?
As for me, any brand of shampoo would give me the dry scalp so using this in addition to my regular hair care regimen is a big help!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")