Good Monday morning AMW friends! My weekend was super tiring as I've been out and around the Metro like a single girl! *laughs* I actually don't mind as I badly needed the exercise!
Today, I will be reviewing another promising concealer from Revlon. In terms of concealers, Revlon has been doing a good job creating good ones that I don't mind using and recommending it! (Feel free to check out my ALL ABOUT CONCEALERS post HERE mentioning Revlon Photoready Concealer review HERE.)
As I'm almost done with Revlon Photoready Concealer, I can't help but want something a bit more moisturizing especially nowadays that my skin is going dry and crazy! I want something moisturizing enough but have good coverage and serve the purpose of what concealers should be!
Products in packaging
Shades: 1, 2 and 4
Revlon says ---
- Targets undereye puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles
- Won’t settle into skin creases
- Hydrates and brightens for a revitalized look
- Use with Cream Makeup for the ultimate protection against the signs of aging.
- 01 Light
- 02 Light Medium
- 03 Medium
- 04 Medium Deep
AMW says ---
- Sponge tip applicator making it easy to apply.
- The product starts of as creamy liquid texture making it easy to blend and dries up matte.
- Easy to blend.
- Comes in 4 shades which I think is good enough for drugstore brand.
- Build-able coverage. From sheer to medium.
- Doesn't settle in lines.
- Doesn't dry out the skin. The product doesn't oil up my skin but it maintains the right moisture level.
- Has age defying properties (though can't really see it as we get to apply concealers on smaller areas of our face.)
- Stays the whole day without retouch for normal to dry skin.
- No scent.
- If you suffer from extreme under eye darkness or acne marks, the sheer to medium coverage may not be enough.
For a drugstore concealer, Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage hit the nail in terms of creating a concealer that doesn't dry out my skin or settle in fine lines! With the right shade, you can lessen some darkness under the eye and cover some red spots!
- Gently dab the concealer onto the skin, spreading evenly so it blends perfectly.
- Blend with the pad of your ring finger using a patting motion until it looks seamless.
- Build coverage for your desired look.
- It is okay to use the sponge applicator and apply directly on skin if you plan to use this on yourself.
- If you are a professional makeup artist, apply the product on hand and apply using clean fingers or brush.
- Please scroll down photos for more detailed tips.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone seeking for drugstore concealer brand that gives sheer to medium coverage for tiny red spots and some darkness under the eye. The product can also work as a highlighter for people addicted to highlighting their faces! (ex. ME!)
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters for approx. Php725.00 (approx $18.00).
(L-R) 01 Light, 02 Light Medium and 04 Medium Deep
(top-bottom) 01 Light, 02 Light Medium and 04 Medium Deep
Shades blended on my MAC NC20-25 skin.
- 01 works well as a highlighter.
- 02 can be used to conceal redness or pimples.
- 04 on the other hand is too dark for my skin but has a distinct yellow orange base so I like using this as a corrector counteracting the darkness under the eyes.
04 Medium Deep as a Corrector
04 Medium deep can work as a regular concealer for people with darker skin. As for me, since this concealer shade is 3-4 shades darker than my skin, I prefer to use this as a corrector applying this prior to foundation application.
Since the redness under my eyes are quite distinct for the past few days, I dab good amount of 04 Medium Deep shade right below my eyes and blend using a foundation brush. Set by using my fingers to tap harsh lines and proceed with liquid/cream foundation or powder foundation.
02 Light Medium as a regular concealer
I have a feeling 03 would also work perfectly on my skin but since it's not available I can go ahead by using the shade 02. The Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage concealer comes with a sponge applicator making it easy to "spot conceal" redness all over my face.
Since I plan to use all 3 concealers to myself, I apply using the wand directly as shown on photos below.
The most important step is the "dabbing" method. Dab the outer area and blur out concealer lines, add more concealer as needed and continue with the dabbing motion until the redness is gone!
The dabbing step does take a lot of time but the end result is worth it. (I promise you!)
01 Light used as a Highlighter
Since 01 is the lightest shade and would work for people with super fair skin! I did not put this product to waste and found myself using this as a highlighting product!
If you suffer from puffy eyes, keep in mind NEVER to put light concealer directly on the puffy area as it may magnify the puffiness. Instead, with the slightly lighter shade of concealer than your natural skin tone, apply this underneath the puffy area as shown on photo below.
With the same lighter concealer shade, apply this on the bridge of the nose to create slimmer looking nose!
Same technique as the rest, use dabbing motion and gently blend out harsh edges! feel free to also apply the same light concealer on the browbone!
Before and After shot using Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Concealers ONLY
Which brand and do you like it or not?
As for me, I am quite happy with the Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage concealer. I can get away applying BB cream with these concealers, set with my favorite powder and I'm ready to go!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Products received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)