The week of Valentine's, our dear friends from The Body Shop invited me to be part of their Valentine's Party! I was a bit too late for the event but I was happy to be able to listen to at least half of the talk of "Love Yourself" by Ms. Ana Santos of Sense and Style and the makeup workshop done by the very talented TBS makeup artists.
AMW with Shen's Addiction
After the event, I had a bit of talk with Danica and get to learn what new products to look forward to this year! Since I got pregnant, I haven't been around cosmetic stores so it's nice to get updated once in awhile!
There's the Deliciously Sweet Strawberry Sweet and Fruity Range
and the Pure Indulgence Chocomania decadently chocolatey range for chocolate lovers out there!
Aside from those 2 new collections perfect for hearts day! BB cream lovers! Brace yourself, there's a new type of BB Cream called BB Serum! A BB product lighter than regular creams? Who doesn't like that? After almost 2 weeks of constant usage, I'm ready to share to you my initial thoughts of the Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside that's meant for all skin types!The Body Shop says ---
Want brighter-looking skin, day after day? You got it! Meet new Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside SPF 25 PA+++, our supercharged, skin-caring BB Cream that's infused with serum powered by shiso. The results are so noticeable that 71% of 100 Asian women who tried it saw instantly fairer skin upon application.
Our entire moisture White Shiso range is inspired by the humble herb shiso which is a member of the mint/basil family and believed to reduce early melanin-making signals for brighter, more luminous skin.
8 Benefits in 1
- Instant Hydration
- Natural Finish
- Easily Blendable
- UV Protection (mineral sunscreen SPF25 PA+++)
- Evens Skin Tone
AMW says ---
- Pump bottle making it easy to control the amount of product needed.
- Has a matte, oil-free finish.
- Comes with SPF25 and PA+++ (note the 3 pluses).
- Gives an instant brightening effect.
- Has a good amount of coverage. Events out the skin, pores where reduced and under eye circles where brightened even without the use of concealers.
- Has a good amount of oil control.
- No skin irritations even on first use.
- Comes in 1 shade, the shade is a tad bit lighter on my skin. (Read tips on how to control the color by using liquid/cream/powder foundation)
- Price. Some may find this a bit pricey for a 30ml tube.
- Can't tell about the overall whitening/brightening effect for now as I only use the product for less than a month.
The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside is a lighter version of most BB Creams, has added SPF25 PA+++ with skin benefits to help whiten skin after constant use. The product gives a matte finish yet has a brightening effect leaving the skin looking healthy. The added bonus is the good coverage this BB Serum making my makeup last longer (note: Author has dry/combination skin.)
from The Body Shop
- Use Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside as the final step of your morning skincare routine.
- Apply with your fingers, gently blending over the face with small circular movements.
- For optimum skin brightening, use with Moisture White skincare products to cleanse, tone, treat, moisture and perfect your complexion.
- Dry skinned individuals need to moisturize skin properly prior to BB serum application as this product (though a serum) has a cream-like texture that needs moisture for product to be applied evenly.
- If you have sensitive skin, it is best to do a patch test before applying all over your face.
- Do not forget to apply the neck area.
- If TBS Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside is a tad bit light on you, control the color by letting the product sit for a couple of minutes and use a darker foundation to even out the color of your face and neck.
- For people who doesn't have much skin problems, you can use TBS BB Serum and set with a translucent face powder. No extra foundation or concealer is needed due to the nice coverage the product gives.
- Oily-skinned individuals may need to retouch or use oil-control films after 4 hours.
- Please try on testers before you purchase! The shade may darken on you while some could look too white with this BB serum on.
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types who are fair skinned. The rest of the medium to dark skin tones can still use this product but may have to control the color by following up with a foundation to even out the shade.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local The Body Shop stores for Php1,395.00 (approx $34.87). Price may vary according to location. Please LIKE The Body Shop Philippines on Facebook for more products and events update.
Pump packaging that needs to be cleaned once in awhile for hygiene purpose.
The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside looks like regular BB cream.
Upon spreading the product, the texture is like that of a BB Cream but has a lighter feel.
The shade looks like "Ivory" on most foundations but with a "brighter" look.
Upon blending and waiting for the product to "settle in", it doesn't look as white as it was originally applied.
Before and After shot
(left bare skin, right with TBS Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside)
As seen on photo, redness on my cheeks and even my tiny mole was covered by just the application of BB serum. The overall effect looks natural on photo but in person, my face around 2 shades lighter than my neck which I can easily correct by using 2 shades darker powder foundation.
Though I suffer from dry skin, the product didn't magnify the dryness of my skin.
AMW wearing The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Serum Inside
Have you tried the old Shiso BB Cream from The Body Shop?
Are you willing to give the BB Serum a try after reading this review?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received during an event. Reviews 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)