Good morning AMW Friends! Today, I will be sharing another skincare regimen that I've been doing for my last trimester of pregnancy.
I have been holding off using this set before I get a go signal from my Doctor and of course, after finishing up the products I've been using for the past months.
Shiseido is a brand I come to trust in terms of skincare as I've tried loads of sample sizes when I was still working in Shenzhen China years ago. I would try out their different lines from brightening to moisturizing and most of the time, I get good results even with a tiny bottle of sample! It is just one of those times I tend to "save up" on skincare as each bottle could cost an arm and leg!
Recently, I'm glad to have found a set that contains good enough size for me to finish this up at least 2-3 months without the need for me to break my cutesy piggy bank!
Shiseido 1-2-3 Skincare Moisturizing Hydratant
Shiseido says ---
Driven by more than a century of advances by Shiseido researchers. The Skincare 1-2-3 Moisturizing Set offers your complexion all it needs to easily achieve perfect hydration each day. This limited-edition ensemble of deluxe travel-size products enables the skin to avert moisture loss that can result in signs of aging.
Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam A creamy rich-lathering cleanser that lifts away makeup and impurities while leaving skin smooth, balanced, and ready for further treatment.
Day Moisture Protection A daytime moisturizer specially formulated to provide optimal hydration and balance in skin while protecting against UVB rays and the damaging effects of other environmental factors. For normal and combination skin.
Hydro-Nourishing Softener (3.38oz)
Day Moisture Protection SPF15 (1.0oz)
AMW says ---
- Comes in a set so the price is definitely better than buying them one by one.
- The Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam gently cleans my face and removes basic makeup (powder foundation, eye shadow and brow powders). It doesn't leave sticky residue and my skin remains soft and moisturized the whole day. Doesn't give any negative skin reactions even on first usage.
- The Hydro-Nourishing Softener is my favorite among the three, if I only get to pick only 1 out of the 3 products; I would go for this as it gives my skin an instant clarity and a hint of glow with only a week's usage. This hydrates my skin so well and it gets absorbed into the skin pretty quickly leaving non-greasy but moisturized skin that lasts for the whole day.
- For Day Moisture Protection, it is a lightweight daytime moisturizer with SPF15. The texture is lightweight too and piling up this 3rd product doesn't feel heavy on skin, instead, it keeps skin supple and moisturized.
- All 3 products are lightly scented.
- The Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam may not be enough for heavy makeup users.
- Hydro-Nourishing Softener (my favorite) do contain alcohol and other chemicals. According to my doctor, the tiny amount is okay and doesn't harm the skin but at the end of the day, it depends on how sensitive your skin is.
- The Day Moisture Protection may not have enough SPF for our country.
I like how simple the skincare 1-2-3 system by Shiseido as it targets to the needs of my skin which is the extra boost of moisture. The system is quite easy and straightforward to use and my skin never felt dry or flaky after.
- Once a week, use a facial sponge to 'exfoliate' your skin while cleansing.
- The hydro-nourishing softener is best used with a cotton pad. Applied with circular motion all over your face.
- The day moisture is best applied with your clean fingers with an upward motion.
- An extra sunblock may be needed if you get to be exposed under the sun for longer periods of time.
- If you have sensitive skin, try to change one product at a time, try their Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam first before adding on their softener or moisturizer. That's what I did to make sure my skin doesn't react to the sudden change of products.
- I like storing my Hydro-Nourishing Softener inside the fridge for a nice, cool toning experience.
- Do not forget to apply products on your neck.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Dry skinned individuals or combination skin that needs the extra boost of moisture on certain areas of their face.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at local Shiseido stores for Php2,750.00 (approx $68.75).
Like Shiseido Philippines on Facebook or follow Shiseido Philippines on Twitter (@ShiseidoPH)
The Shiseido 1-2-3 Skincare in Moisturizing variant comes in sizes smaller than their regular size. I personally think this is the best way to try on their skincare without spending too much.
Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam
I like using the Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam on both day and night. I also add cleansing oil to my nighttime regimen to remove waterproof makeup. I also like to use my Konjac Sponge at least twice a week for extra exfoliation.
Hydro-Nourishing Softener Lotion
In China and Korea, most girls would like to apply their nourishing lotion with bare hands as the warmth of your hands could activate the product making the product gets absorbed into the skin easier and you also get the benefits of soft hands! I do this once in awhile but sine I'm saving up on my favorite softener lotion, I go for my trustee cotton pad! :)
Day Moisture Protection SPF15
I use this product only on daytime as I don't need the extra SPF15 at night. I like it that the texture is light yet creamy and BB cream application for me tends to go on easily with a smooth canvass underneath.
Have you tried any Shiseido Products?
So far, I've always been a fan of their skincare line but now, with my most recent visit at the Shiseido Store at Rustan's Makati, I have seen a lot of makeup collections coming up and I can't wait to try more of their makeup products!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")