On first glance, the packaging screams "Professional". Let's start with their Sheer Lipstick!
Shade on Spotlight:
My first impression was: "How red could this get?" I thought this will just be another red lipstick that I have to wait for days I feel like a "bombshell" to wear one! Obviously, I wasn't paying attention, the packaging says SHEER.Make Up Store says ---
There is a great assortment of Lip Sticks, just so you can find your own favorite. From transparent, matt, glittery, shimmery and glossy. The Lip Sticks contains shea butter and avocado oil that nurture the lips. Use a concealer and a lip pencil for a long lasting result. And finish the lipstick of with a lip gloss for extra volume.
- Avocado oil: Gives a slightly oily surface that protects against the environment, keeps in moisture. Softening, strengthening, especially good for dry and sensitive skin.
- Beeswax: Softens, protects, doesn’t clog pores.
- Vitamin E: (Tocopheryl Acetate) Binds and maintains moisture.
AMW says ---
- Simple black packaging that isn't made of inexpensive plastic. The lipstick itself is quite heavy.
- Creamy, glides well without much tugging.
- Gives a nice hint of shade that stays more than half a day.
- If you are aiming for bright, very pigmented lipstick shade, this particular line isn't for you.
Sheer, has a good amount of moisture, non-drying and lipstick stays at least half a day.
- For a more pigmented and long lasting color, apply lip liner underneath.
- To prevent lips from chapping or bleeding, exfoliate lips at least once a week with a damp toothbrush and a good amount of petroleum jelly applied on your lips.
- Use lip brush for a more defined lips.
- Some of the lipstick pigment tends to cling on lips so it is advised to remove lipstick with a gentle makeup remover before you go to bed.
- If you suffer from very dry lips (like me), top the lipstick with a clear lip gloss for extra shine and moisture.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who enjoys sheer, natural looking lipsticks that's non-drying.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally for Php1,049.00 (approx $26.23). You can find Make Up Store Products at 2nd Floor Podium, call them (632) 654.5533. Like Make Up Store Philippines on Facebook, follow them on Twitter (@makeupstorePH)
Sweetheart shadeLooks very bright and matte on tube but upon swatching, it gives a sheer maroon red shade with a "film of shine".
Before and afterPlease bear in mind that my pregnancy hormones are acting up and my lips are EXTREMELY dry no matter how much lip moisturizer I applied. Make Up Store Lipstick definitely didn't cause any flaking or bleeding.
Sweetheart applied heavily on lips
As seen on photo, the effect is still natural and sheer. Best for people who aren't comfortable wearing heavily pigmented lip colors.
Have you heard about Make Up Store products?
Which among their products are you most interested in?
This is the first time I came across the brand and so far, I'm starting to get impressed with this product line (especially their eye shadows) as I can get away using them without eye primers and pigmentation is super good! Will blog/review about that soon!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)