When I visit Maybelline counters, I find myself getting serious checking out their various lipstick shades! Why? The brand always comes out with a wide range of shades perfect for each individual's taste! It doesn't hurt that they also name their lipstick shade in such a cute and unique way!
Since it's the summer season, corals are definitely in high demand even for clients! I immediately checked Coral Crush because the name reminded me so much of the game Candy Crush! *laughs* Totally unrelated but still cute! *winks*
Coral Crush 515
Maybelline says ---
This full-coverage, satin finish lipstick combines the latest in-season shades with long-lasting moisture, for sensationally smoother lips in just 5 days.
PINK - Pink Peony, Pink Me Up, Make Me Pink, Fuchsia Fever, Fifth Avenue Fuchsia
PLUM - Plum Paradise and Plum Perfect
MAUVE - Mauve Mania Deepest Cheery and Magnificent Mauve
RED - Are you Red-dy, Very Cherry and Red Revival
CORAL - Coral Crush and Peachy Scene
NUDE - Totally Toffee and Warm Me Up
BROWN - Crazy for Coffee, Copper Charm and Tinted Taupe
AMW says ---
- Gorgeous packaging.
- Wide range of shades available.
- Pigmentation is good. You get a good amount of color in just 1 swipe.
- Coral Crush shade is bright yet not over the top, perfect for summer!
- Though the product is said to be moisturizing, this is still not enough for people who suffers from super dry lips (like me!).
- Has a hint of light vanilla scent. Vanilla lovers would love this but for those who aren't a fan of this scent may be put off with this added scent.
- Lipstick lasts approximately 3-4 hours.
I have another shade called Fifth Avenue Fuchsia (review HERE) which I love so much, I find the said lipstick to glide on easier on lips than Coral Crush, Coral Crush seems to be a bit firmer.
- Apply your lipcolor by starting in the center of your upper lip.
- Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth.
- Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
- Swatch product on your own lips to see the effect as the shade Coral Crush may look different on your lips as compared to mine.
- For bright colored lipsticks, it is best to use a lip brush for a more defined application.
- Prepare your lips by moisturizing it well prior to lipstick application, wipe off excess lip balm with a cotton bud to exfoliate and remove excess skin.
- Blot excess lipstick to lessen pigmentation if you find the shade to be too intense for you.
Definitely! In other shades!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Coral Crush is perfect for all skin types! The shade works well on girls with fair to dark skin tone!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters for Php399.00 (approx $9.97).
Packaging with manufacturing month and year
Coral Crush applied on arm
Applied on lips without lip balm or lip gloss
Applied with heavy hand
If you are shopping for Color Sensational Lipsticks, would you pick Coral Crush?
Though Coral Crush is a perfect summer shade, I find myself still picking my favorite Fifth Ave. Fuchsia shade because it gives an overall "brightening" effect against my skin! Another reason is the creamier texture of Fifth Ave. Fuchsia that made me reach out for it more! As for the rest of you who doesn't have intensely dry lips like me, I'm sure Coral Crush would be perfect for you! I prefer topping this with a clear gloss to lessen lip dryness!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")