One of my favorite drugstore lipstick brands aside from Maybelline is Revlon! They've come up with various collection of lip colors that are moisturizing enough which for me seems like a "YAY moment" as I've always been on a search for lip products meant for dry and chappy lips!
Recently, I got 11 gorgeous shades of Ultimate Suede Lipsticks and it took me so much time to review them as I honestly used each of them on various occasions! One of them I even used for my Pregnancy Shoot (Blow-Up Studio post HERE)
The Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks, as the name states, promises a moisturizing lip color that gives a velvety finish! These reminded me so much of Revlon Colorbursts Lip Butters (review HERE) because of the promise of smooth finish.
Is your lipstick giving you both moisture and wear? This velvety soft formula with moisturizing shea butter and aloe is food proof and doesn’t quit. 20 Shades. Apply once and go.
AMW says ---
- Color lasts for at least 2-3 hours.
- Swipes easily and indeed has a velvety feel.
- Available shades are all gorgeous and wearable on any occasions.
- Build-able color.
- Will dry out lips after several hours.
- Has a bit of sticky feel.
Glides on easily, velvety smooth finish but can be drying after several hours. All the 11 shades I got are semi-matte in finish.
- Apply your favorite shade of Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede onto clean, smooth lips.
- Make a statement with a modern matte finish. Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede can be worn with or without a Lipliner.
- Exfoliate lips prior to lipstick application, this goes for all dry lips individuals out there as ANY lipstick will still flake with dry base.
- Use lip balm prior to lipstick application if you have dry lips. This could help but flaking could still happen.
- Top with your favorite lip gloss for a glossier effect.
Will I repurchase?
No, not anymore as I'm okay with all these shades I got.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Everyday lipstick wearers who like the non-heavy feel. Not for consumers with dry lips!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters for Php575.00 (approx $14.37).
L-R Muse, WomensWear, High, Backstage, Couture, Iconic,
Preview, Cruise Collection, Fashionista, Trendsetter, Designer
Now here are some of the wearable shades I like to sport on a daily basis!
Have you tried Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks?
Do you like them? Which among the shades above are you eyeing for?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Products received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)