Happy Tuesday dearies! How are you doing today? I hope you're sipping a warm cup of coffee while munching on your favorite breakfast as you visit my page! If not..well, I am! It's not breakfast but I'm definitely back on sipping my favorite brewed coffee (in decaf though) as I munch on my favorite Kinder Bueno Chocolate! Fattening? Who cares? I'm nursing!*winks*
Let's get back to business, I have something exciting to share! As a makeup artist, I'm always updating myself not only with makeup artistry but makeup products! I make sure to be updated with whatever products that may help make clients appear more flawless than ever!
When I ordered by Zuca Case online, I plan to purchase several Skindinavia products as well as I've read positive reviews online from bloggers!
What stopped me from doing so is the fact that it is locally unavailable so depending on it so much may be bad for my health! :P And I have this belief that if a product is locally unavailable, then it's not meant for us!
Look like I've spoken too soon! Mary Kay Philippines came up with their first finishing spray not only to refresh our face but gives a nice hold to an "already made up" face! And it's from no other than my most awaited finishing spray brand --- Skindinavia!
Packaged in black Mary Kay spray-type packaging
Mary Kay says ---
Anytime you need help avoiding makeup meltdown, a couple of spritzes of Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia will have you "set". Use it for weddings, job interviews, a long day followed by a night out, or anytime you're just too busy to worry about your makeup. It feels completely breathable and works on any skin type, even oily skin. And when you're ready to remove your makeup, this lightweight formula washes off as easily as it applies. So give your makeup the staying power to last up to 16 hours when nothing less than picture perfect will do.
AMW says ---
- Quick, easy to use.
- Product dries quickly.
- Works well even on my dry skin.
- I tested this on a friend and I was told her makeup definitely stayed longer.
- Lesser oil on the t-zone.
- Makeup looks fresh the whole day.
- Has a small hint of scent that goes away seconds after application.
- No skin irritations.
- May create a heavy and sticky feel if applied too much on an oily face.
- Price. Depending on how you use it, you may end up finishing the product in no time if you're addicted!
Works in prolonging the look of your makeup, non-oily, doesn't feel heavy on skin and helps reduce oily t-zone.
from Mary Kay
- Shake spray bottle well.
- Hold the bottle 8-10 inches away and spray face 2-4 times in an "X" and "T" formation.
- To start off, apply only a few to prevent sticky and heavy feel especially on our super humid weather.
- Before you spray directly on your face, practice spraying on your arm first as the first spritz tends to be a huge blob of water.
- To lessen sticky/heavy feel, pat whatever was sprayed on your face with clean hands until product gets absorbed into the skin.
- Retouching your makeup is still possible but try to lessen retouch as much as possible! (That's the point of using the finishing spray)
- Pat, instead of rub when you retouch your blush or face powder.
- Take this with you if you know you'll be out for long period of time for an instant fix.
- Though this product is dermatologist tested, it is vital to test product at the back of your ear or neck if you suffer from very sensitive skin.
- Use this product only on special occasions or if you know you'll be out the whole day! Using this product daily is wonderful but pricey!
Yes! Will use this on bridal clients.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who wants their makeup to last for hours especially on special occasions. Works for all skin types but I reckon dry skin like me do not really need this.
Where to purchase and how much?
Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray is available through any Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants by calling them at (632) 859-6211 for Php1,300 (approx $32.50) each.
Visit www.marykay.com.ph Follow Mary Kay on Twitter (@ilovemarykayph).
The spritz bottle makes it easy to dispense a good amount of "mist".
Make sure to hold bottle at the right distance to prevent tacky/sticky feel.
Back of the packaging
Have you tried any finishing spray that helps hold makeup for hours?
I've always been a MAC Fix+ user on clients, I will definitely use this on clients and will probably come out with a final conclusion on my favorite next time! :D