It is the start of the week once again and God knows how we all want this day to be Friday again! Oh well, let's jump start the week with something positive instead, think happy thoughts, think about the things that inspires you --- your crush? Boyfriend? Husband? Kids? Or the wonderful lunch you're having later on? Whoever/whatever it is..focus on that! Then to me :P
I recently got to try "clean cosmetics" for the first time. Clean cosmetics, that"s a new term right? Well this is a term used to call those cosmetics that are clean of known, toxic substances. The skincare and makeup products are healtheir and gentler than their chemical-laden, synthetic counterparts. The ingredients are usually simple - maximum natural ingredients, and if unavoidable, minimum synthetic and safe ingredients. And one of the brand that fits the bill is 100% Pure and thanks to the local retailer Canary Cosmetics for bringing these in.
For my first 100% Pure product, I've decided to give their Foundation Powder as I use this the most (lip balms aside). Now that I have baby AMW with me almost 24/7! Carrying him most of the time means I have him in close contact with me more often, that"s why I prefer to use minimal makeup or if I must, I try to use makeup that are safe for babies! Perfect timing to know this brand right?
100% Pure says ---
Achieve that beautiful, flawless and pore-less complexion with this super lightweight face powder made from an all natural formula. Gives you a sheer to medium coverage while packed full of anti-aging vitamins, antioxidants, and even offers some sunscreen protection. This foundation powder is colored from fruits and vegetables pigments, and contains oil absorbing rice powder.
- 100% Natural
- 100% Vegan
- Gluten free
- Talc free
- Cruelty free
- No synthetic chemicals
- No artificial fragrances
- No toxic preservatives
Contents: 0.316 oz / 9 g
Back of the packaging:
AMW says ---
- Most natural makeup are made of loose pigments, I appreciate this as it comes in "pressed" version making it easy to tote along with less spilling.
- Feels very light on skin.
- Gives light to medium coverage.
- Can even out skin redness.
- Has a decent oil control.
- The shade Peach Bique matched my skin pretty well.
- Does not enhance pores and fine lines and doesn't dry out my skin.
- Looking at the ingredients, it is made from tons of fruit ingredients which may cause allergic reactions to users who are allergic to fruits/vegetables.
- Has shorter shelf life.
- Coverage may not be enough for people who has bad skin conditions.
- Doesn't come with a powder puff.
- Packaging, some may like this but I prefer the compact type instead.
A powder foundation that's made of natural ingredients which is really good especially for users who have strong allergic reactions to chemicals. 100% Pure Healthy Flawless Skin Foundation Powder gives light to medium coverage, has a decent oil control and works better on people with naturally healthy-looking skin.
- Though this product is known to be made from 100% pure ingredients, it is still advisable to do a patch test especially on users who have allergic reactions to fruits and vegetables.
- If you dislike the light coverage the powder foundation gives, use your favorite BB cream underneath or your favorite concealer.
- For more coverage, use a sponge in application, for retouch, I prefer to use a kabuki brush.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes to use cosmetics that are made from healthy ingredients. Moms who has to wear makeup when they go out with their baby may appreciate the natural and safe ingredients this powder foundation has.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available online at Canary Cosmetics for Php1,418.00 (approx $35.45).
Since 100% Pure is distributed by a local retailer, they made their own box to house the foundation powder.
Peach Bisque applied all over face with a sponge. Coverage is minimal as you can still see my dark eye bags. Redness on my cheeks and on the sides of my nose have lessened though.
Would you give 100% Pure cosmetics a try?
Would you go cosmetics made from safe, natural ingredients even though the shelf life is shorter?
I personally can get away using any cosmetics, but for now, it is a right timing for me to use such pure cosmetics with baby around!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)