Don't you dislike bringing full-size foundation and concealer for retouch? I know some of you don't mind but on days I want to carry a small purse/bag, bringing a bulky makeup kit is impossible! So I'm glad to share a nifty li'l product from an inexpensive brand -- Natasha Beauty. The major question is, is it worth purchasing?
Natasha Face Duo Medium Beige
Natasha says ---
Staying Fresh and looking flawless alld ay is now possible with Natasha Beauty Face Duo.
Colors: Light, Medium and Beige
Concealer stick and Liquid Foundation.
Size/s: Concealer stick: 1.6g/ Liquid Foundation 5.5ml
AMW says ---
- Innovative packaging.
- Easy to use.
- The concealer stick gives a decent coverage.
- No fragrance.
- No skin irritations.
- The concealer stick applies smoothly.
- Coverage is not enough for people with skin concerns.
- The liquid foundation portion will not last you long enough if you apply it all over your face.
- Re-application is needed. The product tends to slide off midday especially for oily-skinned.
- Just like my first issue on Natasha Beauty Lip Duo, the concealer stick doesn't roll all the way down.
- Limited shades availability. But I put this on neutral as the shades available are basically what the Filipinas need.
- Quite confusing name of shades, the website says there's 3 shades (Light, Medium and Beige), this one that I reviewed is Medium Duo and has Medium Beige as its shade name. #confused
Light to light medium coverage. The stick and liquid applies like a dream, the product is very easy to use. Best used by teenagers or girls with not much skin concern.
- Instead of calling this my Concealer/Foundation Duo, I prefer to call this product my "concealer weapon". Both the concealer stick and liquid foundation portion works well at concealing minor skin problems!
- Use the stick portion and apply heavily on areas that needed coverage (undereye area, sides of the nose, pimples, acne marks).
- Use your ring finger and blend out harsh edges of the stick concealer.
- Then, using the sponge tip applicator of the liquid foundation, pat the liquid foundation gently on top of where you applied the concealer stick to "set" and give extra coverage.
- Always set the area with powder foundation or translucent loose powder for makeup to stay on longer.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls who have fairly good skin and don't need much coverage. Best used by girls with dry or normal skin. Not for oily-skinned gals.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at www.natasha.ph for Php205.00 (approx $4.88).
A closer look on the concealer stick.
The texture of the concealer stick is smooth.
The Liquid Foundation portion with lipgloss type sponge tip applicator.
The texture is not too thick or runny, it gives light to light medium coverage.
Application Tips (AMW Style)
I like to start by priming my face with a moisturizer or oil-control primer (to others). Apply concealer stick heavily on areas that needed the coverage and pat the harsh edges using my clean ring finger. Apply 2nd or 3rd layer if needed.
As for the rest of my face, I prefer to apply a tiny amount of liquid foundation on areas that has redness (my main skin issue), some of you may choose to use your clean fingers, I prefer to use a dry sponge and blend by using a quick, patting motion.
To save the tiny 5.5 ml of liquid foundation, I skip the rest of my face that do not need much coverage to breathe and set with translucent powder.
Before and After
Left facing you: With Natasha Beauty Face Duo
Right facing you: Bare face
As seen on photo above, the coverage is so so, again, I want to stress that this product is best for people with already good skin. As for the texture and feel of the product, I'm quite impressed for Php200+!
Have you tried Natasha Beauty products?