I can never get enough of brow products!
Anyone feels the same?
Recently, my brother had a quick stopover at Hong Kong prior to coming back to Manila, he messaged me asking me what I need from Sasa (yes, my dear brother shops at Sasa for his darling little sister!) and you guessed it right --- brow products!
So when I received a nice package from Smile of Updated Trends, I can't help but squeal as she probably read my mind! I love collecting brow products, from pencils, brow liners to brow gels! Companies make them? I want them all!
So the BCL B&C Browlash Ex Water Strong W Eyebrow is definitely a new brand for me! The day I received this, I immediately gave this a test even when I was just staying at home! That's what product reviewers do! Stay pretty even inside the house *winks* :P
BCL says ---
B&C Browlash Ex Water Strong W Eyebrow is a two-end eyebrow pencil that draws accurate eyebrows. Water-proof film lasts and resists water, sweat and sebum all day long.
Pencil at one end, liquid at the other. The former one is so flexible that it manages to draw out thick, fine and soft lines. The later one is equipped with a very fine tip that helps draw accurate lines.
Made in Japan
Available in shades: Light Brown, Natural Brown, Grey/Brown
AMW says ---
- You get 2-in-1 product.
- The effect is natural.
- Waterproof. I washed my face with water it stayed.
- Easy to remove with gentle eye makeup remover.
- Both the pencil and the pen are pigmented.
- Product applied may fade a bit but never smudge or flake.
- Easy to remove.
- A bit tricky to use especially for first time brow product users.
- International AMW readers may find it hard to purchase this product. Try ebay or Asian Cosmetics online stores.
- Though the product packaging says 24H, I doubt this will last 24H, the pencil part may fade a bit especially for oily skinned users.
A very natural-looking pencil and pen brow product. Lasts the whole day or until removal for normal/dry skinned individuals.
- You don't have to use the pen and pencil combination. You can start practicing with a pencil and try the pen part. Ask your friends which one is more natural to look at.
- If you plan to use both pen and pencil, use the pencil end for the inner brows and use the pen end for the outer brows.
- If you have light to medium colored hair, go for Natural Brown, I think this shade is quite light. If you have naturally dark/black hair, go for the grey/brown shade. I can't imagine how Light Brown looks like but I guess this shade is meant for girls who dyed their hair almost blonde or blonde.
- Always use a spoolie brush and brush your brows after using ANY brow products for a very natural effect.
- Warm up the pencil by rubbing the tip at the back of your hand.
- Try not to apply too much, always step back and check your reflection before you re-apply.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls who like to groom their brows!
Where to purchase and how much?
Locally available at www.beautycornerph.com for Php650.00 (approx $14.78).
Facebook: The Updated Trends
Written in Japanese with a English description at the bottom part.
Best applied using short strokes or check marks for a very natural look. You may create thick, think or soft lines using this! I like to gently rub the tip of the pencil at the back of my hand to "warm up" the product. I do that in a slanted motion too so the end of the pencil will be sharper.
Liquid End (Pen End)
This one is best used to draw accurate line, this is waterproof and lasts until removal.
Swatch on HandTop: PencilThe Pencil portion (shade: natural brown) is indeed a real medium brown shade. The Pen portion (liquid) on the other hand has a hint of gold thus this shade may still work for girls with colored hair!
Using the pencil side, I like to fill in areas where brows are sparse to create fuller-looking brows. I use tiny check marks for a natural effect.
Using the pen side, I gently define the "arch" of my brows and fill in the outer end of my brows.
Since I'm currently breastfeeding, I stopped coloring my hair for a while so my hair is a bit darker in shade. The shade that would match my current brow condition is probably Grey/Brown. But fret not! I have a solution for uneven colored brows!
This is where my trustee brow gels come in! I color my dark brow hair with a light brown shade of brow mascara just to match the Natural Brown shade of 24H Browlash Ex.
Are you a brow product lover like me?
Which brand of brow product do you currently love?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)