One of the most requested makeup product to be reviewed is BB Cream! I can't blame you! I can still recall the time I went BB-crazed! I was online at Ebay almost all day searching for various BB creams to try! I started with Major Korean Brands like Etude House, Tony Moly, Skin79, Lioele, The Face Shop, Skin Food, etc...
Then I went ahead trying out western version of BB creams from Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc..
Then there's the Japanese brand called FairyDrops (which I LOVE by the way!)
Then there's inexpensive brands like Avon, Maybelline...you'll think I'm over with BB creams by now? NA-AH!
Recently, Hayan Korea kept in touch with various bloggers to try out their products (that explains why you see a lot of Hayan reviews online), and I'm one of the lucky bloggers who get to try and test their products! (it wasn't an easy job I tell you especially if we're talking about BB creams!) So after using this product on and off for a couple of months, I'm finally ready to share my thoughts on this BB cream!
Hayan says ---
Hayan BB Cream covers unwanted blemishes even without face powder. It encourages moisture retention as it spreads smoothly and blends naturally into a clear
AMW says ---
- Squeeze type packaging. Very easy to carry around and easy to use.
- From website, I can see that they have 4 shades to choose from!
- Mildly scented.
- Gives light to medium coverage.
- Gives a decent oil control.
- Not too drying.
- Gives a nice "crystal-like" skin effect.
- Waterproof. Tried washing off the BB cream with water and it stayed!
- Lightweight, doesn't feel greasy or heavy on skin.
- Can create white cast if applied too much especially on flash photography.
- Contains Parabens but most BB creams have this!
- May cause a bit of skin flaking if your skin is super dry.
- Anti-wrinkle property is wonderful but can't be seen on short time usage.
A light to medium coverage BB cream that has a cream-to-powder finish. The product is indeed waterproof and can give "brightening" effect on overall look thus may create white cast on flash photography.
- Oily-skinned users may need to touch-up after 4 hours. Set the BB cream with an oil-control powder or take with you an oil-control film.
- Dry-skinned users may need to moisturize prior to BB cream application.
- Sensitive skin may need to do a patch test before applying the product all over face.
- I prefer to use my fingers when it comes to BB cream application to 'activate' the product for a smoother and more natural finish.
- Apply your favorite concealer for extra coverage especially on the under eye area, acne marks or pimples.
- I have to keep on stressing to TRY ON SAMPLES/TESTERS!
No. My skin is very dry so I will still go for a more hydrating BB cream.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal skinned individuals who need only minimal coverage.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Star Mall, Edsa, Mandaluyong, SM SouthMall, SM Sta Mesa, SM San Lazaro, SM Sta.Rosa, SM San Pablo, SM Rosario, Victory Mall Caloocan, Victory Mall Antipolo and Star Mall Alabang for approx Php399.00 (approx $9.00).
Hayan Website: http://www.hayankorea.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hayankorea
Packaging of Hayan BB Cream Perfect Skin Cover
Shade: Natural Skin Tone
The BB Cream suits girls with Warm Skin Tone.
BB Cream Application:
I prefer to apply BB cream on various areas on my face with clean fingers, I concentrate more on areas that need coverage. As for the photo below, I concentrated on the apples of my cheeks were most of my redness show!
After Hayan BB Cream Natural Skin Tone Application:
The product did its job on making my skin look even, the redness at the center of my face was reduced but there are some dry spots at the sides of my nose since my skin is EXTREMELY dry.
The shade For Natural Skin Tone is half a shade lighter than my neck, but this problem can easily be solved by using the right shade of liquid/powder foundation. The Hayan BB Cream Perfect Skin Cover creates a natural-looking glow faking good-looking skin!
So far, the effect of Hayan BB Cream Perfect Skin Cover is nice on me, the only reason why I may not repurchase this product is because of my current skin condition (super dry skin). Aside from decent amount of coverage, one positive and unique trait of this BB cream is how it literally make your skin "glow" and the BB cream feels very light for daily use!
How do you find the Hayan BB Cream? Will you give this a try?
Have you tested other Hayan products?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)