Happy Monday dear friends! I had a lovely, and very busy weekend but my internet connection went wonky that's why I wasn't able to share my usual Weekend Food Trip post! Bear with me and I'll post about my yummy food experience this coming Sunday! :)
The weather is cool so I guess it is the perfect time to be adventurous with our eye makeup! I mean, less oiliness and greasiness on the lid area right?
Still, I'm sure some of you (like me) aren't comfortable wearing eye makeup without an eye primer underneath, I mean, even on a cool weather, I'm used to having an "insurance" making sure I won't suffer any makeup booboos!
One of my favorite insurance (for the eye) is Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow! The added bonus of using this? Well, I can definitely wear them alone!
Shade: Holy Smokes!
Shade: Holy Smokes!
Benefit says ---
Our award-winning cream shadows are as crease-proof & budge-proof as ever! The 10 incredibly wearable shades (including original favorites r.s.v.p., birthday suit and skinny jeans) glide on easily and last all day long. It’s fresh & fabulous color for all.
You can use our cream shadow as an eyeliner using the hard angle definer brush. It glides on smooth for smudge-proof drama & definition.
Size: 4.5g, Net wt. 0.16 oz.
AMW says ---
- Packaging. More chic and better than the old one (in my opinion).
- Extremely creamy and spreads easily.
- Can be applied alone or underneath your favorite eyeshadow powders.
- Great for neutral lovers who like to experiment on smokey eyes as these shades are fool-proof pretty!
- Lack of dark colored shades. Holy Smokes! is one of the darkest shade, considering it is not too dark when applied on skin.
- If you are into matte cream shadows, they don't have it for now.
- The possibility of drying out before you even finish using it!
- Practice application using eye brushes or fingers! I highly recommend to use fingers for personal use and brush for professional use.
- Always close the lid well to prevent the shadow from drying up.
- For nice smoky eye makeup, apply a layer or 2 of Holy Smokes! and pat your favorite dark eyeshadow powder on top. Blend the edges with a clean blending brush.
- If you plan to use this on its own: wait for at least 10 seconds upon first layer application before piling up the second layer of Creaseless Cream.
- For long-lasting eye makeup, pat your choice of eyeshadow on top of the "still damp" Creaseless Cream as it serves as a "glue" to keep your powdered shadows from fading or fall outs!
To whom do I recommend this to?
All makeup users especially for monolids!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally counters (Rustans Makati, Greenbelt, Shangri-la, Trinoma and SM MOA) for Php1,200.00 (approx $28.00)
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/benefitcosmeticsphilippines
My old Benefit Creaeless Cream against the new one
L- New, R-Old
The new packaging is slimmer but a big bigger in circumference.
The new packaging seems more promising in terms of the product not drying up easily! We'll see, I'll update this review when this gets dry!
L-Holy Smokes! R-Flatter Me (old review HERE)
Holy Smokes! is called as a “smoldering charcoal.” For me, this is more of a dark taupe shade that is build-able! To get deep dark taupe shade, you have to apply at least 4-5 layers.
2 application of Holy Smokes! For a "smoky" effect, use a clean brush and blend out harsh edges while the product is still "creamy". Once it sets, it is set for the whole day until removal.
In the Benefit shoot modeled by Patty Laurel, this photo was taken using only Benefit Creaseless Cream in Holy Smokes then blended out harsh edges using a medium shade brown eyeshadow.
Have you tried Benefit Creaseless Creams?
Do you like the shade Holy Smokes! ?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")