Friends or even blog readers probably think I have the BEST life in this world! Seriously? I want to believe that but it's not.
I've had my fair share of down times, well I have A LOT of down times it hurts my heart and brain! But why do I choose to be happy? Well not because I want to hide the reality, I never do, I'm actually quite vocal about all my ups and downs some of my friends may want to cover their ears as I'm super MAKULIT! *laughs* I realized, the burden is already heavy, why do I have to add the weight with a heavy heart?
I wasn't born with a golden spoon in my mouth and trust me, until this very day, I won't forget it when I cried buckets because my mom won't purchase my favorite Tiger Lunchbox which was the coolest thing to own back then (oo na, matanda na ako!)! If I may have to add...let me list down some of the highlights in the past that made me who I am now.
- I never got what I want. I am the youngest in the family so there are always hand-me-downs! There's no point in purchasing me new stuff as no one will use it afterwards. (Thanks ma, you are actually right!)
- I started working at the age of 15. Tutor, summer job in a distribution company and more teaching jobs!
- I want to travel so much I took up Tourism, graduated with honors and got a job in an airline industry the next day after my Graduation day. And I've been working non-stop ever since until today.
- I still have this love for travel but I can't ask money from my dad (my mom is a house wife) so I've decided to look for a job abroad and landed a teaching job in China at the age of 23. It is also a dream of mine to gift my parents with a free travel! And that dream came true at the age of 24! I gave them "luxury travel" (in my dictionary) as their wedding anniversary gift.
- Left my family and boyfriend (Mr. AMW) for 3.5 years. It wasn't easy to be an OFW (Overseas Foreign Worker) I tell you! So kudos to all Overseas Workers!
Ex. I hurt my back one winter and I had to crawl myself back to bed, try to forget the pain and wait for the next day for someone to help take me to the hospital. The crawling act looks funny but it wasn't humorous back then!
- Don't get me started about discrimination. I was discriminated so many times I literally had to hold back tears while I teach in front of the class! Come on, if only I could dye my hair blond and wear blue contacts!
- I nearly lost my mom. Quick post HERE.
- My mom survived the surgery but got clinically depressed and it took her 4 long years to get well. She is well now, thank you Lord!
- I had a hard time getting pregnant and I had to go through several workups with different doctors. Can you imagine the: "Why don't you have a baby?" "Are you afraid to have babies?" "Don't you like kids?"
- I finally got pregnant but had 5 long months of morning sickness! (Vomiting 10x a day isn't what I was expecting but I survived!)
- Now that I'm a mom, I'm not having it easy! I still lack sleep and I get really tired taking care of Kyle with my full time job PLUS all the side jobs I'm doing. At times, I just want to cry and sleep --- but of course, I'm too tired for that! *lol*
And I can go on and on and on! What's the point of sharing these? Well, I'm not complaining, if I can speak to God at this very moment, I would tell Him: "Lord, thank You for making me a strong person?" I am writing these all down to show you yes, it is still possible to be happy amidst the trials! And I'm always armed with the thought that some people have it even worst! Just watch "Maalaala Mo Kaya" *lol*
Happiness or sadness, it's always a choice! As for me, I give myself a break! I do have 2-3 minutes of "crying moments" every now and then and it helps release all the stress and sadness! Some would choose to drink, smoke (not the healthy route) As for me, my other choice is to Blog, well, maybe a bit of singing and dancing and a lot of story telling with Mr. AMW! (Thank God he's a good listener!)
|photo taken during Benefit Push & Pop party. I seriously can't remember what I'm happy about!|
How's this personal sharing beauty-related?
Well, it is TOTALLY related as I believe a happy heart is the best beauty product anyone could ever have! And it's FREE!
Happy Heart's Day!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")